Peter King's Top 5 Michael Vick destinations (guess who is #1) (1 Viewer)

What it really is has to do with being the #1 offense. There's some kind of mysterious virus that infects people that convinces them that the top rated anything obviously needs more flash in order to continue.

In reality, it makes no sense at all to take the ball out of the hands of a 5,000 yard passer and put it into the hands of a guy who's career completion average is 57%. Yeah, Vick can make exciting runs, but we've got a guy who can do that already in Reggie Bush.

(and before anyone tries it, it's a big difference in a QB scrambling around compared with a running back on a called run.)

To play devil's advocate here, I think there is some kind of mysterious virus that infects people that convinces them that because you have something that is "top rated" it means it cannot get any better.

I do agree with most here though that this isn't going to happen. Anyone that suggests it has not done any research on the Saints.

I actually think that this is a good market for michael vick. Even if people cant afford season tickets, they'll purchase his jersey in high amounts. to be honest, you cant help but like the guy.

and this would make plenty sense from a marketing standpoint.

This talk is just plain bizarre and incomprehensible. The presence of Reggie Bush scares opposing defensive coordinators sufficiently without adding an inaccurately throwing QB with a prison record.

To play devil's advocate here, I think there is some kind of mysterious virus that infects people that convinces them that because you have something that is "top rated" it means it cannot get any better.

I do agree with most here though that this isn't going to happen. Anyone that suggests it has not done any research on the Saints.

I didn't say it couldn't get better, however adding some sort of flashy gimmick play (or player,) isn't getting better. Sustaining more drives, reducing turnovers and penalties, and a little bit better clock management would make this offense better. Vick? No, probably not.

He said the same crap on Sirius. This guy does seem to know about anything he talks about. How in the world could we afford his contract from the Falcons? And how could he not consider a team that actually needs a QB? So the Vikes aren't in the top 5? His reasons he gives in this list are stupid. He'll likely go to San Fran because Singletary believes in redemption. And he says Pats signing him is unlikely, but he puts them in the top 5 above Buffalo and San Fran. I can't even stand this guy anymore.

Relax ... Peter King is a big fan and proponent of New Orleans and he deserves a little more respect than that.

Vick will be released from the Falcons soon or traded for almost nothing. The Falcons have already publicly moved on and said he won't be returning to them ... once he's reinstated by the Commissioner they'll have to fish or cut bait and since he's returned some of his signing bonus the cap hit won't be a problem (and they've prepared for it already).

I take this Vick talk as a compliment to our team. Only a really well run organization like the Saints or the Pats or a really poorly run organization like the Raiders could or should make this move. It's a compliment from many in the media that in their eyes Payton, Loomis and Brees could make something like this work from an X's and O's and public relations perspective.

Now from a pure football standpoint the old adage is that you can never have too many playmakers on offense but this would be getting ridiculous. How do we get the ball to Reggie, PT, Shockey, Billy Miller (who's underrated), Colston, Moore, Devery, Meachem, Heath and still find room for 5-10 touches for Vick? There's only so many plays in a game and while Payton is probably the best offensive mind in the game today ... he's shown that too many weapons can make him a bit too smart for his own good (end arounds at the goal line).

It's best to pass IMO but if we needed more playmakers I don't see why he wouldn't be an option. The guy is one of the most electric players to ever walk on the football field.

So we have this really prolific offense, one of the best QB's in the league, a defense which is being over hauled, perhaps a need for a heavy pounding running back and a coach/gm who have a history of wanting high character players. Adding Michael Vick doesn't make us a better team. It's an intriguing thought, but all it does is take Drew Brees off the field, create a media frenzy of the press covering Vick and a public relations fallout. Tom Benson is riding high right now by having signed a long term extension with the state and helping to deliver the Superbowl to New Orleans and the area. Adding Vick would erase much of the goodwill he has recently generated.

I don't see it happening in New Orleans.

Relax ... Peter King is a big fan and proponent of New Orleans and he deserves a little more respect than that.

Vick will be released from the Falcons soon or traded for almost nothing. The Falcons have already publicly moved on and said he won't be returning to them ... once he's reinstated by the Commissioner they'll have to fish or cut bait and since he's returned some of his signing bonus the cap hit won't be a problem (and they've prepared for it already).

I take this Vick talk as a compliment to our team. Only a really well run organization like the Saints or the Pats or a really poorly run organization like the Raiders could or should make this move. It's a compliment from many in the media that in their eyes Payton, Loomis and Brees could make something like this work from an X's and O's and public relations perspective.

Now from a pure football standpoint the old adage is that you can never have too many playmakers on offense but this would be getting ridiculous. How do we get the ball to Reggie, PT, Shockey, Billy Miller (who's underrated), Colston, Moore, Devery, Meachem, Heath and still find room for 5-10 touches for Vick? There's only so many plays in a game and while Payton is probably the best offensive mind in the game today ... he's shown that too many weapons can make him a bit too smart for his own good (end arounds at the goal line).

It's best to pass IMO but if we needed more playmakers I don't see why he wouldn't be an option. The guy is one of the most electric players to ever walk on the football field.

Excellent post Burtifus.. :9:

BTW, for those of you calling for King's head b/c of this, think again.. King owns Saints season tickets, or at least did for the 2006 season to show support for the city and the team.. And if he still owns them, maybe he just wants to see the most electrifying offense be a little more electrifying.. :shrug: :D

Apparently the media really knows nothing about the Saints or Sean Payton. :jpshakehead:

its the worst idea in a long time, and it seems like everyone in the media is endorsing it. really weird, but i know Payton is way way too smart for this nonsense.

So, we take 10 snaps away from one of the premier QBs in the league to let a guy who could barely hit the broad side of a barn have a shot? Why? Because he can scramble? Um okay. Vick was never that good of a quarterback. Fun to watch? Sure. But never that good.

**edit** And why do people think the Saints are the Miami Dolphins? What has Payton ever done or said that would lead King, or other sports writers to believe, that he would run the wildcat? Payton runs a highly sophisticated, pro-style offense. He isn't going college any time soon.

It just shows how out of touch King is. He doesn't do real analysis (except of the coffee in hotels), he just writes the most outrageous stuff to get attention.

If Vick can make big plays to help a team win and get in the playoffs then why not ? I read opinions from fans on this site that feel Sean Payton will be fired if the Saints don't make the playoffs this year and ect , why not use him like the Steelers have used other mobile QB's to reach the Super Bowl ? With Brees , Bush and Vick on the field at the same time could be a great thing . The Saints don't have that much time to get to the Super Bowl and win .

Last edited:
Yes! Let's give him a shot. He'd give us another dimension to a great offense. Joey's fine, but you can't compare him to a Michael Vick, it's like night and day (no pun intended). For sports writers to mention us first should mean something. If he's willing to sign with us , let's sign him! :9:

Who was that other person talking heads suggested us for? First person to say it was Mike Golic on Mike & Mike in the Morning, but I can't remember his name.

Anyway, people must want us to become the Bengals/Raiders of the NFC. >_>

Edit: It was TO.

Last edited:
your team is attempting a pass. you have two options

a) Drew Brees throwing the ball
b) Mike Vick throwing the ball

Im going with A, 100% of the time. I want Brees to get all the passes. Everyone who says the Saints should sign Vick, please explain why you would ever want him to be throwing instead of Brees.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom