Peter King's Top 5 Michael Vick destinations (guess who is #1) (1 Viewer)

St. Geezy

⚜️
Reaction score
Two things about Michael Vick's NFL future: Even if/when he's reinstated, some owner has to sign off on him, which will be troublesome. No owner will want the headache of animal-lovers picketing the football team and season-ticket-holders canceling their seats.
But remember when you say about your team, "Oh, our owner will NEVER be interested.'' Well, no owner was interested in Terrell Owens either, and he got $6 million from the Bills. And everyone said the cost for Albert Haynesworth was way too high and they'd never bid for him ... and then the Bucs and Redskins both threw ridiculous money at him. So don't take any team's word for it right now about whether it is interested in Vick.
That being said, here are my five teams with a prayer of signing Vick once he gets reinstated, either this year or next, by commissioner Roger Goodell (and I emphasize prayer, because this is an educated guess by me, nothing more):
1. New Orleans Saints
I think coach Sean Payton could sell it pretty easily to selfless and egoless quarterback Drew Brees by telling him Vick's not coming in to take your job, only coming in to play five to 10 snaps a game in some Wildcat/running back/receiver capacity. Saints owner Tom Benson wants to win badly.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/peter_king/05/20/vick/index.html

But why does this make sense to everybody except us? maybe folks are giving our front office and locker room big props... because its gonna take that kind of group of people to accept him.

I think its flattering... even though I know damm well it ain't gon happem.

Oh please NO.. not more of this!

"Yes! Let's take the ball out of Drews hands for 5-10 plays!"
He could usually make 7 or 8 of 10 with a gawdy 80 to 100 yards. I just don't get it.:idunno:

It is pretty amazing how a lot of the media are naming the Saints as a top spot for him. I think it is a major compliment to the HC and Brees.

Out of the 5 teams mentioned I only see the 9rs being interested....but I even doubt that, knowing how much "the samurai" demands discipline and precission....

I used to like Peter King.......but lately he is off the wall in some of his remarks.......like his power rankings; Bears at #4 with Josh Bullocks???......that did it for me!

Brees in any formation > the wildcat.

That's why this won't happen.

Would it really be worth all that grief for 5-10 snaps a game? And we have guys that can do the wildcat. Vick just ain't that good, sorry. Even without all the baggage, I'd say no.

He said the same crap on Sirius. This guy does seem to know about anything he talks about. How in the world could we afford his contract from the Falcons? And how could he not consider a team that actually needs a QB? So the Vikes aren't in the top 5? His reasons he gives in this list are stupid. He'll likely go to San Fran because Singletary believes in redemption. And he says Pats signing him is unlikely, but he puts them in the top 5 above Buffalo and San Fran. I can't even stand this guy anymore.

I just don't see Loomis sitting in his office talking with SP about the prospect of signing Mike Vick. They know have their offense pretty much set and it appears the only change they might make involves Edge.

Brees in any formation > the wildcat.

That's why this won't happen.

Exactly, Bonchie hit the nail on the head. Also a while back Payton was asked about the wildcat formation and he wasn't too warm to the idea. Plus the circus of having Vick around isn't something Payton nor the Saints want.

King is a D-Bag and needs to lay off the crack-pipe. I would take Brees hurling the ball and P. Thomas running the ball over the wildcat offense. This is no different than running reverses and other trick plays that some of the fans on this website love to bash.

I hope Payton stays away from the wildcat and even goes out to nip this speculation in the bud.

lots of times a change of uniform can change peoples perspective of a player...not this one. i've always hated vick the falcon and i still do. let him play somewhere else

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom