Pets of SaintsReport (4 Viewers)

FL_Saint

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Sticky Post
I searched the forums but all the pet threads were quite old. We adopted a dog from the local SPCA about three months ago. Let the kids name him and now we have a Gumbo to go along with our little Roux-dog.

Gumbo is the big fella. He is almost 6 years old. We cannot believe that someone gave him up to the SPCA. He is amazing.

Roux is our sweet little lady. Again, kids named her. We have had Roux for almost 6 years.

Who else has pets they'd like to show off?

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The dog parks are temporarily closed around here with the stay home order, driving my dogs crazy, particularly Zoe. There's one a few minutes away, so I usually take them a few times a week to burn off some energy and they're used to going pretty regularly. They're getting lots of walks, but its not the same. Every time they see me put my shoes on they give me a hopeful look that maybe we're finally going to go, only for me disappoint them.
Similar issue here. I keep wanting to go, but have to remind myself that's no long an option. Meh. I do still run/jog around the block with mine so he can stretch his legs. Do the same in the house as well.

Booker

All-Pro
Reaction score
Similar issue here. I keep wanting to go, but have to remind myself that's no long an option. Meh. I do still run/jog around the block with mine so he can stretch his legs. Do the same in the house as well.
Yeah, it’s not the same if they can’t run free. The most joyful expression you’ll see from a dog is when you see one running full speed.
AF41E200-5577-4649-812F-28973DC91F09.jpeg

Dago

Veteran
Reaction score
Little tribute to Dr. Koh at LSU. LSU didn't actually hire him...somebody gave them a grant for his salary but after one year they brought him on full time and I understand he basically got his own department. My dog Hartley had a back injury and 3 vets wanted to put her down. Dr. Koh saved her using a combination of acupuncture with electrical stimulus, physical therapy, Chinese medicinal herbs, and modern medicine. These are pics of him and my dog (a few years ago) when The Reveille did a write up on him

564b6d751a0c2.image.jpg

564b6d78a52ae.image.jpg
564b6d7731602.image.jpg

sfidc3

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Nola is our flat-coated retriever rescue. Not many folks are familiar with flat coats, they often mistake them for labs but they have much longer denser coats and are longer and leaner than labs. They also never turn into old dogs, they are playful to their last day.....they are also very, very active, you have to walk them and play with them often which for us is good because at our age, well, we need to stay active....

1609605215384.png

Saint by the Bay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Nola is our flat-coated retriever rescue. Not many folks are familiar with flat coats, they often mistake them for labs but they have much longer denser coats and are longer and leaner than labs. They also never turn into old dogs, they are playful to their last day.....they are also very, very active, you have to walk them and play with them often which for us is good because at our age, well, we need to stay active....

1609605215384.png
So cute. He looks just like my flat coat, Sam Malone.

95343227_10157993349336211_7193834422800482304_o.jpg

staphory

Subscribing Member
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
kind of a freaky photo. Looks like her shadow is awake and she is not.
Lol. She was definitely asleep.
I was pleasantly surprised by how that photo turned out. Jet is actually up to something even when asleep.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom