Pets of SaintsReport (1 Viewer)

FL_Saint

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Sticky Post
I searched the forums but all the pet threads were quite old. We adopted a dog from the local SPCA about three months ago. Let the kids name him and now we have a Gumbo to go along with our little Roux-dog.

Gumbo is the big fella. He is almost 6 years old. We cannot believe that someone gave him up to the SPCA. He is amazing.

Roux is our sweet little lady. Again, kids named her. We have had Roux for almost 6 years.

Who else has pets they'd like to show off?

Humperdoo

Who Dat.
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Izzy says hello too.
Nicky and I got drunk. (Black dog)
Another of the horses.

Attachments

Humperdoo

Who Dat.
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
20200208_165930.jpg
My two pups. Duke the tan one and Goose the black one. Duke is my lol buddy and Goose is a complete Daddy's girl. They are always ready for Saints game day.
Good lookin pups.
To me dogs are the greatest companion in the world. Loyal to a fault, and act like they’ve not seen you in 40 years each time you come home from work or wherever.

saintmdterps

If we give ya the boogie, can ya handle it?
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I really don't like coming off like I'm bragging and in a forum like this, it's hard to follow people's backgrounds but I train seeing eye dogs and have for 6 years. Believe me when I say that you recognizing this about yourself is unselfish. I think being realistic ties in to being unselfish. There are a lot of people who go into dog ownership (much like they do having children) from a selfish perspective. Oh this *thing* will bring me joy, this thing will love me, this thing will do x,y,z". or oh I just want a dog or kid because it seems to be the thing to do; never taking into consideration the needs of the thing at the various ages and if their lifestyle and personality can accommodate such needs.

So, people like you who can self reflect and be honest about your abilities to care for another living being versus the needs of something that would depend on you entirely takes a lot of self reflection and honestly.
I always had cats when I was single because I could go away for long weekends and not worry about sitters, etc. I just left the self-feeders and waterers, put out the litter box, and went off to engage in whatever debauchery was the order of the day. When I returned they were always glad to see me and the house wasn't a wreck. If I was gone for more than 3 days, I got my sister to cat-sit :hihi:

zeetes

yo’ robbie fordz fo lyfe
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
I've seen the jokes about pets wanting their owners to go back to work, so they can enjoy their peace and quiet, stretching out on the couch, etc. Mine are happy to have us home full time. And the nice weather outside to boot.
??????
To the Pets of Saintsreport: :beerchug: Cheers!
mine are so happy i am home. they aren't used to me being here everyday.

saintmdterps

If we give ya the boogie, can ya handle it?
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Gumbo isn’t happy that I am home during the day now. He isn’t allowed on the couch and I tell him to get down at least twice a day. I guess I know where he sleeps while we are at work.
Growing up we had a large mutt who used to sleep on my parents bed when we were out, which he was well aware he wasn't supposed to do. We knew he slept on the bed because Benson shed profusely. As he got older, he began to go deaf. We'd open the door and hear the distinctive sound of him getting off the bed. Finally he was so deaf he didn't hear us at all, and my parents would go up to their room only to find him sprawled on the bed. "Benson!!"--he would hear THAT :hihi:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom