Pff analysis grades on some (1 Viewer)

"much of the second half featured Oakland taking advantage of the Saints’ inexperience behind him, notably rookies DeVante Harris and Ken Crawley, who played 60 and 47 snaps, respectively. The two combined for five missed tackles and allowed a catch on 10 of 12 targets,"
https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-raiders-saints-grades/

Harris I can kind of understand. Before coming here he'd never played the slot and he went from UDFA to starting Nickel which is one of the hardest positions to play on D. He's also of smaller frame so missed tackles may be a recurring issue BUT he was usually in the vicinity.

Crawley just missed horrible tackles and couldn't make a play on any single ball along with giving up ridiculous cushions which accentuated his inability to come up and tackle.

Yet Ive been low on Crawley ever since the 2nd pre-season game when he started doing this odd crouching tiger stuff b4 the snap like he knew what he was doing only to watch the balls be completed in front of him and he missed tackles then. The next week Harris moved in front of him in the pecking order.

Not saying he won't get better and develop but he's clearly our 5th best CB no better but he was the top backup to Breaux so you had no choice.

The plan going in was obviously not to let those guys get that many snaps.

Injuries forced our hand. Now we get a week to gameplan around that.

Also to note our WR crew should be a tough matchup every week.

One would almost forget the two PI calls that Cooks/Thomas Drew at separate intervals of the game which could be legit tacked on to their already crazy #'s between the trio.

Injuries were the root cause of that loss.

I'm not just talking about Breaux. I'm talking about the cumulative effect on the defense - Kikaha, Rankins, Ellerbe, Breaux, Pruitt, Swann, Wilson.

Crawley, bless his heart, is clearly the weak link back there. Here's a hustling UDFA with a lot to learn who should be on the practice squad, and he's matched up against guys like Crabtree one-on-one.

Having said that, he still looked better getting beat than White or Peterson. The defense as a whole looked a lot better than last year, with more guys in the right position play after play.

All of our young bucks have seen action save for Bell, whose time is coming, I'm sure. Especially now that without having the luxury of Breaux being someone you can have in single coverage, which lets us keep an extra guy in the box, we might go to fewer single high coverages.

This season will be rough, but we will see flashes. Next season, these guys will set the NFL on fire. Bet dat.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom