PFF: Analysis on QB's vs Pressure from different spots (1 Viewer)

One thing to keep in mind is that they said he only faced 55 center pressures over a 4 year (or 2499 pass attempts). So, they are only looking at 2% of all of his passes. That may not be enough of a sample to get a great idea.

So, does that mean our middle 3 OL are just beasts and don't let pressure get to Drew or that teams just don't pressure up the middle enough?

I'd have to dig into their numbers more another time.

One thing to keep in mind is that they said he only faced 55 center pressures over a 4 year (or 2499 pass attempts). So, they are only looking at 2% of all of his passes. That may not be enough of a sample to get a great idea.

So, does that mean our middle 3 OL are just beasts and don't let pressure get to Drew or that teams just don't pressure up the middle enough?

I'd have to dig into their numbers more another time.

Hard to say. But I know everytime I hear analysts or coachs talk about how to stop the Saints offense its "getting gut pressure" so Im sure many times try. I just think the Saints coaching staff have done a great job of building a great interior OL.

True, Rodgers is a stud. However, I find it surprising that Brees was only sacked 7.3% when pressure coming from the LT (compared to 25% for Rodgers). Is Brees' footwork underrated, or is Rodgers getting too much praise?

Great find OP.

Brees in my opinion and many others, has the best pocket presence, foot work in the league. How many times have seen it? Where a pass rusher is flying off the edge and you are like "OH ****!!" then 6 foot Drew just takes a few subtle steps up or up an over and quickly resets and releases the ball. It's is greatest attribute IMO.

Rodgers has good footwork too, but he also looks to get out of the pocket a lot and sometimes that can lead to more sacks.

This thread is useless, we know PFF's stats are just worthless! /sarcasm

Back to seriousness, good post and thanks for sharing. As you said i can't say those are things fans don't know about but it's always good to see numbers backing up what you think, generally. Thanks again

"Just when you think you’ve heard the last from Favre, he shows up as the worst quarterback in the league when pressured from right guard. Perhaps his opponents in the Wrangler commercials will appreciate the scouting report."

:spit:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom