Mock Draft PFF Final Mock Draft - Saints trade up to #10 to select... (1 Viewer)

what do you mean learn our lesson? When has it not panned out? And please don’t say Davenport.
Well Ingram was good but did not end up as a generational type player. Cooks; same thing. Davenport; too early to say.

IMO, you should only move up as this is being projected, to land a generational type player. Is Simmons that type of player? He certainly appears to be. And he fits a position the Saints need to fill. Did you watch him at all this past year? Did you watch him against LSU? The guy was a man amongst infant boys.

if the Saints trade up I hope it's for a WR. Last year the Saints lost in the playoffs due to lack of options at WR. Gotta have someone after Sanders and Thomas plus hope that TQS stays healthy and productive.
Not a fan at all, for trading up to land skilled position players. Offensive or Defensive Linemen; yes! Linebackers; yes!

What about this year's first #24, and Kamara whose new contract beginning next season, and our 4th Round pick in 2021. Simmons is the best player in the entire Draft,
We are essentially are giving up 2 First Round picks, considering Kamara is worth a First Round pick.
That trade should make it happen. Or hell switch out Kamara and give Taysom Hill who has not signed his First Round Tender Sheet. Interchangeable First Round parts, who both CAPwise will be difficult to sign next season.

if the Saints trade up I hope it's for a WR. Last year the Saints lost in the playoffs due to lack of options at WR. Gotta have someone after Sanders and Thomas plus hope that TQS stays healthy and productive.
Not me. The only trade up I would be OK with would be for a successor to Drew. There are too many very good WRs available to use future draft picks to move up to get one.

I like Simmons. The talent is clearly there, but I have similar concerns as Dion Jordan and Jabrill Peppers. Versatile players are great, but reality says that eventually these players need to fill one position. It's pretty unusual for a player to bounce between different positions and it often can lead to them never becoming great at one position. So I have no problems with draft Simmons, but it has to be done with the expectation that he can get an elite player at one position.

The Saints have a need a LB. He would not really be all that needed at safety, so I'd ensure that we knew exactly what we are getting with him as a LB. I'm pretty nervous about trading up for any position not quarterback. Brees is over 40 and I don't trust the Hill is the future, and who's to say we are even able to resign Hill. We may NEED that 1st rounder for a QB next year.

Not me. The only trade up I would be OK with would be for a successor to Drew. There are too many very good WRs available to use future draft picks to move up to get one.

I'm with you on that! This draft is widely acknowledged to be DEEP at the WR position...even into the later rounds. Sounds like good WRs are going to be pushed down to later picks. Why should we trade earlier picks for a position that is projected to be plentiful?

We're already "short" on picks, so I'd prefer a trade back to recoup some picks, especially the lost 2nd; but you just KNOW that CSP & Loomis will probably trade up at some point, like they always do. If it's early rounds, I can only hope it's for a position that is NOT deep, and can't be gotten in later rounds. I hope...

I think there is a chance to make a small jump to get a player they want, using only current assets.

In this case, I can see them doing it if a corner falls, if they fall in love with any of the linebackers, or specially if they really like McKinney or Ruggs.

This year, we don't have many open spaces in our roster, bringing a player that will have instant impact is a wise way to go.

This won't be the case next year, we will be tight on money and have several contracts to re-do. We will loose players, we will need picks to replace them.

The way I see it, it will be good to have a nice draft class this year, next year is mandatory (in quantity and quality) to keep the team competitive.

I'm not in favor of trading future 1st or 2nd picks. After this season ( Brees last?) we have to sign some big contracts for players we need to keep. Those high round picks on rookie salaries will help offset those contract for 4-5 years. Note: Simmons is a BEAST!!

He's the Vic Beasley of hybrid-LB/SS... While he is clearly talented... How good he can be.... will be solely based on the talent level and coaching around him... Hard Pass on a trade up to get him.... IMO Queen is a similar player (just less proven)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom