Mock Draft PFF Final Mock Draft - Saints trade up to #10 to select... (1 Viewer)

A guy you could essentially lineup at all 3 levels of the defense would be sick. Not only would the QB have to find the MIKE he would also want to know where this guy is lined up. You have to have a coordinator that can use this guy right and not waste his talent. I would love to get him I just don’t see how it would be possible

I like Simmons. The talent is clearly there, but I have similar concerns as Dion Jordan and Jabrill Peppers. Versatile players are great, but reality says that eventually these players need to fill one position. It's pretty unusual for a player to bounce between different positions and it often can lead to them never becoming great at one position. So I have no problems with draft Simmons, but it has to be done with the expectation that he can get an elite player at one position.

The Saints have a need a LB. He would not really be all that needed at safety, so I'd ensure that we knew exactly what we are getting with him as a LB. I'm pretty nervous about trading up for any position not quarterback. Brees is over 40 and I don't trust the Hill is the future, and who's to say we are even able to resign Hill. We may NEED that 1st rounder for a QB next year.

Hill is amazing as a hybrid player, probably the best or one of the best in the game...but he's not a quality NFL starter as a pro style QB. He just doesn't have the touch, and we've seen that.

It doesn't make any sense not going for a QB right now considering one of the GOATs in Brees could tutor a young quarterback this year and we may get close to not missing a beat in 21

if the Saints trade up I hope it's for a WR. Last year the Saints lost in the playoffs due to lack of options at WR. Gotta have someone after Sanders and Thomas plus hope that TQS stays healthy and productive.

We must have watched a different game then because the game I saw the Saints lost because the offensive line totally shat the bed....

I totally disagree, I pray our days of trading up for a WR are in the past....

I'd give up next year's first for Simmons or Okudah if they fall into the right range.
I want the saints to get what is in your picture a knight in shining armor. no matter what position they play a lunch pail hard nosed player

No to trading Kamara. This is a go-for-it-all season. There’s no one out there who can fill the Bush/Sproles/Kamara role that is so essential to our offense. I think Latavius can be Ingram-like, but we still need a Kamara.

I’d rather have him this year and lose him to FA next year than to trade him away for picks.

At some point we will need those future 1st for a Brees' successor. I would not deal them away to move up for Simmons or an other position than QB.

The more I think about it, the more I feel that the Saints will be targeting a LB in round 1. We lost one of our only two durable starters in Klein, missed out on Collins, and the position basically went unaddressed. Sure, we have Alonso and Anzalone, both returning from ACL and shoulder injuries (yet again) and some bodies behind them. I cringe when I think about Anthony and Robertson on the field in the playoffs.

The Saints proved with Davenport that they aren't afraid to do what it takes to address one of their most pressing needs. It may not be a popular idea, but just going by history, I think it's very realistic that we trade up to draft a LB. Not sure it'll be that type of move for Simmons, but who knows? I'd love to have him. Bottom line is that I think they are determined to get one of the best available LBs tonight.

if the Saints trade up I hope it's for a WR. Last year the Saints lost in the playoffs due to lack of options at WR. Gotta have someone after Sanders and Thomas plus hope that TQS stays healthy and productive.

Actually, I think we lost in the playoffs because the middle of our offensive line, particularly Warford, got blown up by Minnesota moving their quick DEs inside to pass rush. Really smart move by Zimmer and we just couldn't counter.

Well Ingram was good but did not end up as a generational type player. Cooks; same thing. Davenport; too early to say.

IMO, you should only move up as this is being projected, to land a generational type player. Is Simmons that type of player? He certainly appears to be. And he fits a position the Saints need to fill. Did you watch him at all this past year? Did you watch him against LSU? The guy was a man amongst infant boys.
Lol you don’t only move up for a generational player, you ONLY sell the farm to move up for a generational player. If you have a player ranked 5 on your big board and he falls to 15 and you trade up and all it costs you is the equivalent in the draft bird chart to get pick 15 in your eyes essentially you just got the 5th best player and all it took you was the 15th pick value so you win that battle. Only trading up for a generational player is nonsense lol.

if we’re drafting at 24 and it’s pick 23 and you have your number 10 Ranked player available and the next is your number 24 your not gonna trade up 1 spot and risk missing out on that because he’s not a generational talent?

you don’t only move up for a generational talent, you only move up if the value is good In your eyes. You trust your scouts

I don’t know. The last Clemson linebacker that was taken by the Saints in the first round didn’t do much. Stephone didn’t even realize he was on the field half the time.

Actually, I think we lost in the playoffs because the middle of our offensive line, particularly Warford, got blown up by Minnesota moving their quick DEs inside to pass rush. Really smart move by Zimmer and we just couldn't counter.

To be completely fair....I also think SP and Brees deserve some of the blame for not running the ball right at them....a whole lot more....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom