PFF gonna PFF: Aaron Rodgers vs SEA graded HIGHER than Brees vs. Philly (1 Viewer)

I have always been impressed by Rodgers, but i have to say that he looked pretty poor last week. Yes, he did have 2 impressive bombs, but it has to be kinda tough to be a Packers receiver. He scrambles way too early and it looks like the receivers don't really know where to be.

Yeah no rating system is perfect or even close, it's just another tool, They could use some competition

Yea twice at least Drew came out with a bad rating.
The Saints O-line ranked at 11th a few weeks back is what did it for me.
Boo boo garbage.

This has nothing to do with "no respect". This has everything to do with the fact that PFF's ratings make no sense based off of stats as well as, in their own words, " looking beyond the stats".
Who do they have as the #1 ranked QB this season?

They are like the 50 AP voters who gave the MVP to Manning because he had 7 4th qtr comebacks in one year... nevermind Drew Brees played well enough in the first 3 quarters of games that year that he rode the bench or transferred into hand-off mode for much of the 4th qtr at least 7 games that same year, and nevermind Drew broke every forking passing record that year. Yet when Forehead Manning and Cruise Brady broke the same records, they were given MVP hands down no matter the year anyone else was having.

Finally this year the National Narrative seems to be set on Drew... call it shame for all the other times they forked him out of an MVP because they were too lazy to analyse and too ready to jump all over the forgone conclusion formed in month 1; but that 1 interception is probably the biggest stat, and they didn't notice it or talk about it until he threw the first against the Vikings. For the first half of the season Drew had zero interceptions and it went unnoticed by the media. Drew is making a case that is simply too hard to refute this year, though he made the same case in 2009 and 2011 in my opinion.

Have your seen the front page of this forum in the past few weeks? It's everywhere. Dress it up however you want, it's just whiny.
Nobody made you click on the thread so quit whining about.

Who do they have as the #1 ranked QB this season?

I don't look at PFF's ratings. I only commented on the stat stated in the OP. But there was also a rating by PFF earlier this year that made no sense where they responded back to a tweeter to "look beyond the stats" which is why I've stated that in my response. Again I don't care about their ratings. Just don't give me ground beef and call it filet mignon.

I never gave much credence to PFFs ratings. They never made sense to me.

Nobody made you click on the thread so quit whining about.
Refusing to accommodate feedback that doesn't slavishly agree with the majority opinion is not a sign of higher thinking.

Also, your idea of a sharp riposte needs work. I can both read and express my unhappiness with whatever I choose.

Lol! That's the PFF geeks for'ya! Yet, even more reason to take their brand of analytics hoopla with a grain of salt. I suppose it's a cute way to view football, but lets be real, the closest those dorks have ever got to playing the actual game is probably Madden and fantasy football. PFF is based way too much on those nerds "opinions" as opposed to actual in game factors and statistic in relation to the plays being run, formations, vs an opposing scheme, run/pass downs, weather, indoor/outdoor, home/away, etc.

Lol! That's the PFF geeks for'ya! Yet, even more reason to take their brand of analytics hoopla with a grain of salt. I suppose it's a cute way to view football, but lets be real, the closest those dorks have ever got to playing the actual game is probably Madden and fantasy football. PFF is based way too much on those nerds "opinions" as opposed to actual in game factors and statistic in relation to the plays being run, formations, vs an opposing scheme, run/pass downs, weather, indoor/outdoor, home/away, etc.
In that vain, I'd love to see how the coaches grade out the players. I wonder how differently they would be graded out due to the coaches knowing who was supposed to actually do what.

Refusing to accommodate feedback that doesn't slavishly agree with the majority opinion is not a sign of higher thinking.

Also, your idea of a sharp riposte needs work. I can both read and express my unhappiness with whatever I choose.
Why would you bother to click on a post that you know in advance you're not interested in? Do you just like to criticise or maybe you thought you could convince us of your intellectual superiority?

Get over yourself. The post isn't even about what you think it is.

Yes, but your argument is that this thread shouldn’t exist. Yet you keep posting, so you must find it useful on some level.

I have always argued that since threads cost no money and don’t have to be clicked on, it doesn’t matter what they are about. There are no dumb threads. Fans of all levels on knowledge come here, and ought to feel free to write what they want. If I am not interested, I move on.

You know what’s worse than complaining? Complaining about people complaining. I’m moving on to the next thread, like I always do.

Have your seen the front page of this forum in the past few weeks? It's everywhere. Dress it up however you want, it's just whiny.
Instead of pretending to be the smartest guy in the room, explain to us simpletons how those ratings make sense. I'll admit, I can't figure it out. Please enlighten me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom