PFF grades from todays games (1 Viewer)

I think we've got to be realistic here. The two starting corners we were counting on for being an upgrade--Lewis and Breaux--or both gone. Swann, a top reserve is also gone. CB is among the hardest positions to fill, seems we've been trying ever since Greer went down to solidify the position. We've had some bad luck with injuries. We will no doubt sign a veteran like Finnegan, but our best bet may be to try and develop our young talent and take our lumps.

You want to see your bench at work. Here is the 80 yrd touchdown. We had 6 men at or near the line of scrimmage. Not a single one of them couldn't beat their man. Onyemata and Jenkins very poor execution. That includes a guard playing tackle and a back up guard in the game for the Raiders. Then your UDFA corners whiffed on the tackle. :jpshakehead: Depth is not only an issue its a crisis. I can't see how Jenkins rated so highly? Dude got blown up on that run. He was 4 yds deep at the snap of the ball!!!

Attachments

• Run 4.jpg
    Run 4.jpg
    304.5 KB · Views: 16
  • Run 3.jpg
    Run 3.jpg
    232.4 KB · Views: 12
Crawley who had a great camp played like his college tape at Colorado. The stage was two big for him at this point in his development. He is literally night and day when he plays with confidence. He was hesitant and played slower then he can. He was high pointing well in camp. Half effort jumps he didn't trust his skills. I saw it in body language and he was wide eyed. He needs limited snap count to get comfortable before he will be effective as I think he is the kind of player a lot of bad snaps and he will spiral down.

Have you ever played CB yourself against a WR that is not just an inch taller and the ball is thrown like Carr did?

Offense pratice and use those plays for a reason. Specifically on the Endzone.
Grapping the arms of Crabtree was his only chance at this time to avoid the TD.

Unluckily did Crabtree played it perfectly (Catch at the highest point, turned immediatly with the ball away from the Defender...) plus he was good enough to hold the ball with just one arm as Crawley took away the other one.

Yeah ... Crawley had a tough day but this play was very hard to defend.

You forgot the part where Crabtree used his Right Hand on Crawley's Left Shoulder to not only get leverage to jump but to also push Crawley down so he couldn't jump/defend the ball.

Should have been OPI - it was VERY OBVIOUS!

EDIT: Crabtree used his Left Hand on Crawley's Left Shoulder.

Yep..and we get to see how Victor Cruz and ODB make mincemeat out of them next week

We need some experienced DB's stat or this season could go sour very early

The Giants O-Line isn't as good as Oaklands, I expect our rush to be better and help nullify their pass game some. We'll win this game and then on MNF 10 years after the Gleason block we'll win also. We'll be 2-1 going into SD where Brees is going to dismantle them. 3-1 going into the bye.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom