PFF: NFC South trending (each team in link) (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Full PFF article

Biggest drop off

Roman Harper: From +0.7 to -17.8

It may seem odd to be so critical of Harper in a year where he picked up nine sacks (including playoffs). Well, ignore that for a second, because that number owes to blitzing 153 times and to teams not picking him up (eight of his sacks were unblocked). Instead, focus on how Harper, a safety, struggled so much in coverage. Harper, who gave up six touchdowns, just can’t keep up with backs and tight ends and was found out on more than one occasion in the Saints’ aggressive scheme.

:jpshakehead: more of the same. and they are right about his sacks. So how bad is he? Can he be fixed in a new system at all?

I admit, I wanted him playing the San Fran game because I thought he would do well against them if nobody else, now I do not think he could do anything to get my faith back.

Jermon got a little love.

In terms of percentage of snaps played, Harper has to be third most on defense at 90%+. I think his snaps at strong safety should diminish, but Isa would have to garner more playing time and snaps for that to happen.

Better scheme and play from Jenkins and the LBs would protect Harper.

Quddus has ALL-PRO SS written all over him!!!!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fAxsG2NFvr0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Trade Harper to the Rams... GW loves him... I'd take a 4th for him in a second!

SPAGS will fix this defense..Most of the guys were just as cocky As GW,an it cost them in the playoffs,2 years str8 . everybody in candlestick knew 49er's was throwing to #85...an GW still didnt double VD?:rant:Thats why GW's gone.Both Jekins/Harper needs to quit looking in the backfield watching the QB.an stay with their coverage....

Richard (Ann Arbor, MI)
In both Giants' SB runs, they held every opponent to 20 points or less. The Saints have only managed this feat twice, fittingly both times were during their own SB run. Defense wins; now just have to hope that Spagnuolo is the right guy

Pat Yasinskas (1:07 PM)
Well, Spags has pretty good defensive history. His philosophy is very different from Gregg Williams. Spags believes more in shutting you down all game, while Williams was about coming up with key turnovers. But, again, Spags is going to need some personnel additions to really make his defense work there.

to me it looked as if Harper improved this year and even last year minus the Seatle game... just the eye test tho.

Has it ever occurred to anyone here that if these "reporters" know so much about a player's value, they'd be working for an NFL team, and not an Internet sports site?

A different scheme may utilize his strengths better than GW's scheme did. Who knows? I do know one thing. I admit I am not as good a coach or evaluator of talent than Sean Payton is. The "talking heads" never will admit it.

Has it ever occurred to anyone here that if these "reporters" know so much about a player's value, they'd be working for an NFL team, and not an Internet sports site?

A different scheme may utilize his strengths better than GW's scheme did. Who knows? I do know one thing. I admit I am not as good a coach or evaluator of talent than Sean Payton is. The "talking heads" never will admit it.

Amen Brotha! Not like these 'graders' have 'all 22 players' tape.

Am I the only one who remembers the long stretch of time when the Saints had the worst defensive backfield in the league? I admit that an upgrade is possible but let's not forget that it isn't easy to fill these positions with capable players.

Full PFF article

:jpshakehead: more of the same. and they are right about his sacks. So how bad is he? Can he be fixed in a new system at all?

I admit, I wanted him playing the San Fran game because I thought he would do well against them if nobody else, now I do not think he could do anything to get my faith back.

Jermon got a little love.

Man.... several people are talking about replacing him and such but he just signed a HUGE contract... Maybe it was back loaded and small signing bonus, I don't remember the details but I remember thinking WHAT ARE THEY THINKING!!!???!?!?!?

I don't think he's horrible but he's not worth the money they paid him... I think he's a solid, average NFL strong safety...

Lastly, I always considered that as well... How hard is it to sack a QB when no body blocks you....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom