PFF NO @ NYJ ReFocused (1 Viewer)

Nothing new on that. We pointed out all the Saints defensive shortcomings already. Lofton did miss some tackles on Ivory, and I noticed that in the game, but he also made some nice tackles for a loss during the game. I wonder why they didn't point that out too..?

Loft on has missed a lot of tackles this year. Reoccurring theme I suppose.

We missed Jenkins badly. He is our best defensive player not named Cam Jordan.

Loft on has missed a lot of tackles this year. Reoccurring theme I suppose.

He has missed too many tackles. But some of that is because he is always going to be in the position to make (or miss) more tackles. He leads the team with 67 tackles, 25 more than anyone else (42, Vaccaro). So to some extent, this is like saying that Graham has more drops than Toon. So what we really need from PFF is percent missed tackles.

He has missed too many tackles. But some of that is because he is always going to be in the position to make (or miss) more tackles. He leads the team with 67 tackles, 25 more than anyone else (42, Vaccaro). So to some extent, this is like saying that Graham has more drops than Toon. So what we really need from PFF is percent missed tackles.

Excellent point Nutria. I'd like to see that stat.

"Only 4 of QB Geno Smith’s 115 yards came through the air, with 111 yards after the catch. Only three of his eight completions traveled beyond the line of scrimmage."

That is an insane stat. It's maddening to lose to a team that one dimensional. Then again you could say the same about our pass happy offense i guess.

"Only 4 of QB Geno Smith’s 115 yards came through the air, with 111 yards after the catch. Only three of his eight completions traveled beyond the line of scrimmage."

That is an insane stat. It's maddening to lose to a team that one dimensional. Then again you could say the same about our pass happy offense i guess.

That's what bothered me so much about this game.

The difference between being one dimensional as a run team is that hypothetically a team should be able to load the box and stop the run. We just couldn't do our job on defense.

While the offense certainly had its share of mistakes, that team should have not gotten near 20 points, they do not have a lot of talent.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom