PFF on Lelito (1 Viewer)

I thought the same thing about Brees INT. Brees put the ball where he wanted it to go but Thomas route was disrupted by what looked like defensive holding.

The throw is clearly rushed though. If he had more time he probably would have dumped it to Ingram, but there is a guy right in Drew's face before he can really process how the play is developing.

If you listen to Drew's Post Game it was a timing route in which he says "we've run that play like a 100 times and that's never happened". So while the oline could have done s better job at blocking that was a designed throw going nowhere but to Thomas. LB hold was the main prob with that play but yes our blocking deficiencies did show up.

If you listen to Drew's Post Game it was a timing route in which he says "we've run that play like a 100 times and that's never happened". So while the oline could have done s better job at blocking that was a designed throw going nowhere but to Thomas. LB hold was the main prob with that play but yes our blocking deficiencies did show up.

Nice post EJW, didn't know that. All I saw was what my amateur eye saw, which wasn't pleasant - OLINE stinking it up.

Regardless of the board blowing up about OLINE right now - both Sean and Drew know exactly what they're doing. Defense from hell was the one thing they couldn't control or fix. The defense looks FIXED.

If that doesn't get you riled up, I don't know what will.

I'd be happier with an improved running game. As it is teams can still tee us up on 1st down because we can't run. The liabilities in the pass protection could be mitigated by running more. However, that is predicated on the defense being better so we are not always playing from behind or turning the ball over...

The timing in the run game is still off. I think the front five need to stay in their assigned positions now for the remainder of preseason and develop/refine their blocking. Remember folks zone blocking is moe intricate and finesse oriented than power blocking.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom