PFF on Lelito (1 Viewer)

lurking around

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
The Saints had several offensive linemen who finished the game with below-average grades, none lower than starting LG Tim Lelito. He allowed a sack, a hit, and a hurry, which led to the lowest pass-blocking grade of the game, and was beaten as a run-blocker multiple times to earn the lowest run-blocking grade as well. After an impressive first preseason game, rookie WR Michael Thomas was far less effective against the Texans. On 30 routes ran, he caught just one five yard pass and his other target led to an interception.
https://www.profootballfocus.com/pr...ive-outings-from-qbs-rg-iii-jimmy-garapppolo/

That Brees INT was on the OL as Peat completely whiffed on his block. Brees should have thrown it away so not Thomas fault.

Here let me show you how bad Peat missed...

Attachments

• INT OL play.jpg
    INT OL play.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 116
Yeah, Totally not on Thomas...he had no chance for that ball.

Lelito, well....

Within 5 yards. They'll call that 50% of time. Either way you fix the OLINE.

It wasn't that he grabbed him.

McKinney ran at him and hit him, then bear hugged him like he had the ball or something. If that were legal, there'd never be another slant completed in this league again.

That Brees INT was on the OL as Peat completely whiffed on his block. Brees should have thrown it away so not Thomas fault.

Here let me show you how bad Peat missed...

That is awful. I don't know how you can start the year with him on the field. The sad thing is there is no one really challenging him at the position.

It was a bad decision by Brees. He shouldn't have thrown to Thomas as it was forced. He had both Ingram and Hooman open. The throw was into tight coverage. I think Brees was going to Thomas no matter what. Its easy to see he had two better options. I believe that the inside pressure from Peats wiffed block kept him from progressing from his first target, Thomas. Otherwise he could have hit Ingram on the outside for a likely first down. Also count that there were 6 Texans rushing on that play. Brees likely only had one open lane to throw and that is why he was locked in on Thomas. If anything it was busted coverage by the Texans that we didn't capitalize on as Ingram was uncovered out of the back field.

Attachments

• INT Start.jpg
    INT Start.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 57
  • INT.jpg
    INT.jpg
    213.9 KB · Views: 47
It wasn't that he grabbed him.

McKinney ran at him and hit him, then bear hugged him like he had the ball or something. If that were legal, there'd never be another slant completed in this league again.

True. I didn't say it was fair - I said they'd call it 50%. They didn't call it.

I thought the same thing about Brees INT. Brees put the ball where he wanted it to go but Thomas route was disrupted by what looked like defensive holding.

Its a pointless debate. Drew didn't need to force it. It was a first down play. Throw it outside to Ingram or throw it away. Why force a throw into tight coverage for maybe 4-5 yds on first down? Had Thomas caught it the DB would have cleaned him up easily. IMO it was Drew being Drew and trying to force something. However, the Peat missed block certainly didn't help Drew's progression to his second or third receiver...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom