PFF Predicts Marcus Williams will Sign With Jacksonville (2 Viewers)

Real money, actually dollars paid over the life of the contract, probably won't total more than $11 million / year. Still probably an overpay given the position.

1. Really suspect tackler
2. Don’t ever recall him forcing a fumble.
3. Gets beat in CRUCIAL times on long passes
4. His INTs are typically overthrows, or end of game where teams are desperately driving. ....including hail Mary’s.
5. They still count, but he’s not ball hawking and going and snatching hisINTs from the WR.
6. Minneapolis Miracle.

I know what PFF says, but my eyes see it differently.

These are all excellent points...especially #3. #4 is a good example of where the stats dont paint the full picture.

I know the minny miracle is a factor here, but I’ve never felt great about him with the game on the line.

Marcus Williams is 24 years old. If teams think he's a top 5 Safety he will get a contract that averages around $15 million per year. There are plenty of teams that have money to spend.
And if we’re being real, the Saints aren’t ponying up that kind of cash for him. In my opinion.

1. Really suspect tackler
2. Don’t ever recall him forcing a fumble.
3. Gets beat in CRUCIAL times on long passes
4. His INTs are typically overthrows, or end of game where teams are desperately driving. ....including hail Mary’s.
5. They still count, but he’s not ball hawking and going and snatching hisINTs from the WR.
6. Minneapolis Miracle.

I know what PFF says, but my eyes see it differently.

Thought it was just me...

Marcus Williams looked horrible in the beginning of the season like the rest of the defense because Dennis Allen. He played well versus Mahommes and would have had an 2 INTs in that game if it weren’t for a penalty and a drop.

we don’t want to see our defense without a good safety back there. Why waste a pick trying to find a replacement at a position that takes a good amount of mental processing?

We tried using PJ at FS and he wasn’t great.
With a low cap figure it actually might help negotiate a friendly deal against other teams who might be willing to pay a little more but not a lot to Marcus.

We need our secondary to stay strong (although I think we lose Janoris) as I expect some regression from the defensive line with Trey likely gone and Cam getting older.

Is this the same outfit that predicted Winston would sign with the Colts and a day later the Colts traded for Wentz? Take their prediction with a major grain of salt.

The mention of Jenkins as his replacement makes me think they have no idea what they're talking about lol. Their money prediction might be right, but if he leaves, it'll have nothing to do with Malcolm Jenkins.
Yup, that was all about Vonn Bell accidentally pulling a Mark Ingram. CJ isn't a free safety. He doesn't quite have the range for it, though his recognition skills are top-notch. He's great in the box and as a nickel back. As was mentioned earlier in the thread, finding a great nickel back is harder than finding a free safety who doesn't screw up. Marcus is good, but his tackling is suspect. He's not an Earl Thomas or Eric Weddle on the back end. He's not a game-changer. But if a team decides he's worth that much, I'll be happy for him.

I really hate giving up on him, just to burn a 1st or 2nd round pick on a FS, when we could use that 1st pick on a D-lineman or a cornerback. We are not going to be able to keep all of our DL's; T-Rex, Brown, and Rankins won't all fit in the salary cap, unless Loomis gets some secret voodoo magic.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom