PFF Ranks Saints roster #3 behind the Rams & Patriots (1 Viewer)

Kyle brister

VIP Contributor
Reaction score

I wonder if they are counting the guys in stripes against the Rams line up?

I wonder if they are counting the guys in stripes against the Rams line up?

Yes, the rams are extremely talented and deep at that position group. Borderline "all time" great. Pat's are pretty stout there as well. Meanwhile we are very weak at ref. By far our weakest position.

Yes, the rams are extremely talented and deep at that position group. Borderline "all time" great. Pat's are pretty stout there as well. Meanwhile we are very weak at ref. By far our weakest position.

Yea Sean has been very week at scouting refs in his tenure here in New Orleans.

Maybe we can trade Armstead for one :)

Yea lol

I was just making fun of the millions of articles that come up every time Armstead gets hurt lol

Yeah... but Peat is the new Armstead. Armstead was the new Ellerbe until everyone starting reading how Terron is a top 3 LT in the NFL... so they shut up. Nobody thought to look up how many games the average LT plays per year. Armstead really isn't all that injury prone once you see those #'s. Matter of fact, Peat usually gets hurt when he plays LT.

LT's are giant human beings that have the agility of a much smaller player. That's how they can go up against those fast bendy edge rushers play after play. But the laws of physics work against a huge fella moving like that play after play.

But this was supposed to be humorous and mich ultra gold has me being all serious and stuff.

Yeah... but Peat is the new Armstead. Armstead was the new Ellerbe until everyone starting reading how Terron is a top 3 LT in the NFL... so they shut up. Nobody thought to look up how many games the average LT plays per year. Armstead really isn't all that injury prone once you see those #'s. Matter of fact, Peat usually gets hurt when he plays LT.

LT's are giant human beings that have the agility of a much smaller player. That's how they can go up against those fast bendy edge rushers play after play. But the laws of physics work against a huge fella moving like that play after play.

But this was supposed to be humorous and mich ultra gold has me being all serious and stuff.

Lol yeah that's true

Hopefully we can get a healthy season out of both of them this year.

I wouldn't say peat is the new armstead. Peat is a below average guard when healthy and when he's hurt it gets worse.

They always leave off Onyemata. He gets almost the same snaps as Rankins and has an 80+ grade.

Edit: Then I scroll down and see this.

Good to see consistency in the league with their effort to lift up the Rams and that “fan” base. There’s nothing more effective than continuously repeating that something is relivent by repeating that it’s relivent, after a while the chuds will say that it IS relivent.

Don’t like being spotted behind the Rams, but that being said, we have some big positions to fill... like Center! But that being said, we likely are the Team to beat this season. It’s on us as a roster and team to put it together though. I’ll take top 3 any day! Man do I hope we exceed even these expectations, but I know there will be adversity with it. I’ll take that 3 believing we are 1 and get ready for us to go freaking take that top spot. If not now then never!

no no no... Peat!
What are you gonna get for Peat? Maybe field judge? for Armstead you get a back judge, a side judge & a referee. You might even find someone desperate enough. like the post Manning Broncos to throw in a head linesman.

Don’t like being spotted behind the Rams, but that being said, we have some big positions to fill... like Center! But that being said, we likely are the Team to beat this season. It’s on us as a roster and team to put it together though. I’ll take top 3 any day! Man do I hope we exceed even these expectations, but I know there will be adversity with it. I’ll take that 3 believing we are 1 and get ready for us to go freaking take that top spot. If not now then never!

I agree on the Center position, but the team does have great options. I anticipate lots of doom and gloom here on the first, assuming there is one, bad snap or bad Center / QB exchange in the pre-season. I am certainly concerned about the Center position, but not worried. You have to think that the coaching staff will be working very hard to make sure options 1, 2 and 3 at Center all have training camp time at the position. The line calls are the biggest concern to me and got having Ingram there to bail out a missed assignment or a blitz with a hot read and non-blocked blitzer at the last second. So long as Drew ducks, we should be ok!

In my opinion, the Saints have their deepest team across the board in their history. If that is just good enough for third in the NFL in 2019, those other two teams have some serious depth.

When you are a team with a Top 3 talent roster, then the outcome of the season will almost always boil down to the "I-bug". Stay healthy, and we're in... it's just that simple.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom