PFF Saints team needs (1 Viewer)

"If" we get a better pass rush??? Is this the magic kingdom? I thought that was the most significant area of concern.

Yup. The answer to the age old riddle. Our secondary play, would be night and day in a good way, if we had a pass rush.

We have up enough yards last year for a team to have a 5,000 yard passer, and two 1,000 yard rushers. Draft defense.

We have up enough yards last year for a team to have a 5,000 yard passer, and two 1,000 yard rushers. Draft defense.
Part of that was personnel, but the main part was Spag's unwillingness to adapt his schemes to the personnel he had.

Now we're changing primarily to a 3-4, under a different DC. Of course, there'll be some roster changes. First and foremost is an honest evaluation of the players and their abilities, versus their salary cap hits. We may lose some good players simply because they're not playing up to the contract they signed. I'm relatively sure that we'll see some contracts renegotiated also. Some guys simply won't fit Ryan's plan. We may trade them for players or picks.

No matter how you look at it, we're bound to field a better defense than the one that represented us last year.

By the way, Antwan Barnes would be sneaky pick up for us. That guy can get to the QB!

I dont see us having a problem resigning Bushrod. Kromer could lobby for him to go to Chicago...but that's about it. Im just not worried about it either way.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom