PFF: Saints top performers vs. Giants (1 Viewer)

I hope this is the beginning of an upward trajectory for Byrd. We can't afford to cut yet another big-money free agent.

So glad we got Robertson. The guy is a stud. We have him on the cheap for three years too.

I was very impressed by the two high safety look. I'm hoping we see Bell more often in coming games.

Saints are going to have quite the safety tandem in Vaccaro & Bell going forward

I am glad that numbers back up what I thought I saw today - although Byrd didn't have game changing stats he was much more involved. He made several key tackles and seemed to do a decent job not letting anything over the top. I personally loved the 3 safety sets with Byrd, KV, and Bell. Seemed to offer a good amount of flexibility; especially considering out front 4 did such a good job bottling up the run for the most part.

I think Robertson is quickly taking Ellerbe's spot since he can't ever be trusted to stay healthy

ya if this keeps happening. Then we are going to cut Ellerbe, just like we did with lewis. Since he cant stay on the field.

I'll say it again, our o-line is much better than they looked in preseason. Yes, we're using chips and nudges to help out. But we've always done that. That isn't something you do in preseason because you want to see how the o-line handles blocking without help.

Defensively, we also looked very good today. Let's hope this is a sign of us trending upward!

Sign more guys like Robertson; young, hungry and backups on good teams.

That's how the saints build their first championship team. Fujita, Randall Gay type players who just know how to play.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom