PFF says Saints will win less than ten games in 2023 (1 Viewer)

My prediction, a hugely talented and poorly coached team. They will play like they did last year. Receivers will run wide open across the middle at will, there will be a huge amount of penalties and some boneheaded play calling on both sides of the ball.

As always, I hope that I'm wrong but I didn't see anything from the Saints coaching staff last year to make me feel any differntly.
We had no QB, decimated by injuries, and yes poor coaching calls. We were 7-10. We were a double doink field goal, a run of out bounds running play, and a freak loss to the Panthers from being 10-7. I like our chances of being AT LEAST 10-7 this year.
I think we all can say we'll know a lot about this team after the first 4-5 games.

If we stay healthy, 10 is the floor. We have a big drop off at 2-3 positions, but no worse than most other teams.

I've been saying that we will probably win 10 games. With the red zone being one of our biggest issues last season, unless that has been rectified (and that will have to be on coaching because Carr is trash at the 20), we will look the same as last season and we will need Lutz to have the best season of his life. lol.

There is no reason that last season's team should have won less than 10 games, especially with how the NFC South played out. Everyone wanted to points at Winston and Dalton when offensive play calling looked like Sneaky Pete used Tecmo Super Bowl to call up plays, but crap, come to think about it, I might have seen more motion in Tecmo Super Bowl. :unsure:

It's going to be on coaching, as it was last season.

FantasticScarceArmednylonshrimp-size_restricted.gif

AstonishingTightIrishredandwhitesetter-size_restricted.gif
I think the Saints have beefed up the run game w/ the addition of RB Williams/Miller and T Penning to get over the red zone hump.

We had no QB, decimated by injuries, and yes poor coaching calls. We were 7-10. We were a double doink field goal, a run of out bounds running play, and a freak loss to the Panthers from being 10-7. I like our chances of being AT LEAST 10-7 this year.
I think we all can say we'll know a lot about this team after the first 4-5 games.
We were 4-9 then we got gifted 3 wins by the football gods.

Atlanta gave Ridder his 1st start...we won by only 3
We got a rusty "Superstar" QB in a blizzard
We beat a Garnder Minshew led Eagles team

Then lost to a team who generated 49 yards of passing offense.

The o line has been underwhelming for several years in a row. Improve that,get to ten wins is a lock. Need to get a ball hawk on d and cough cough cut out the penalties and 13 or 14 isn't out of the question.

My prediction, a hugely talented and poorly coached team. They will play like they did last year. Receivers will run wide open across the middle at will, there will be a huge amount of penalties and some boneheaded play calling on both sides of the ball.

As always, I hope that I'm wrong but I didn't see anything from the Saints coaching staff last year to make me feel any differntly.

I think retaining DA was a mistake but I'm hoping (against hope) that above doesn't happen....we will see....

Probably should do yourself a favor and simply not read these publications' predictions. Loomis and Khai Harley have done an excellent job at retooling the roster and putting together a team that can certainly compete. Anything less that 10 wins is all on DA, PC, and the staff.

My prediction, a hugely talented and poorly coached team. They will play like they did last year. Receivers will run wide open across the middle at will, therewill be a huge amount of penalties and some boneheaded play calling on both sides of the ball.

9 would be an improvement

The optimist in me wants to forget everything from last year, forget that Allen has showed less than nothing as a head coach, forget how awful the flow and play calling were last year and be excited about this team. Additions like Carr (though I'm not expecting him to be the next Drew or close to it), Moreau, Williams, adding the 2 DT's make me want to believe that in a weak NFC South they can at least make the playoffs and win a game or two. However, I just can't get too excited when Allen and Charmichael are in the picture and running the show. I hope against hope that Carr has enough dog in him to offset what our coaches lacked last year. I do believe Carr was the best available option, I just don't think he makes us more than an average NFL team. I also fear that trying to win a game or two in the present is going to hurt this team in the long run. While nothing is sure, I just can't help but to think that a guy like Caleb Williams, or at least having a shot, is worth more than winning a weak NFC South and getting bounced in round one.

Hopefully my logical side is just being overly pessimistic and Carr and the Saints surprise everyone.

It looked rough at times and I was calling for jobs…but people have surprised me before and this organization overall feels like a winner. I’m expecting a strong season.

There is no perfect head coach.

There is no perfect coordinator

But top down, this organization is built to win and the leaders at the top will find ways to get the best out of our coaches and play to their strengths. The cupboard is full of talent. We actually have phenomenal coaches who just need to get comfortable in new and/or higher level roles.

I think this team is going to surprise people …but I won’t be one of them.

The optimist in me wants to forget everything from last year, forget that Allen has showed less than nothing as a head coach, forget how awful the flow and play calling were last year and be excited about this team. Additions like Carr (though I'm not expecting him to be the next Drew or close to it), Moreau, Williams, adding the 2 DT's make me want to believe that in a weak NFC South they can at least make the playoffs and win a game or two. However, I just can't get too excited when Allen and Charmichael are in the picture and running the show. I hope against hope that Carr has enough dog in him to offset what our coaches lacked last year. I do believe Carr was the best available option, I just don't think he makes us more than an average NFL team. I also fear that trying to win a game or two in the present is going to hurt this team in the long run. While nothing is sure, I just can't help but to think that a guy like Caleb Williams, or at least having a shot, is worth more than winning a weak NFC South and getting bounced in round one.

Hopefully my logical side is just being overly pessimistic and Carr and the Saints surprise everyone.
I feel ya...I'm more concerned about winning "just enough" to keep DA and PC around and missing out on the next hot HC while we justify keeping mediocre around. We have a QB....not all that concerned about Caleb....but keeping this "mid" staff can really hurt this franchise in the long run

Interesting.

What would the Saints record be if they won every game they were favorites?

Current line
Week 1: 3.5 favorite (Titans)
Week 2: 1 favorite (Panthers)
Week 3: dog 1 (Packers)
Week 4: favorite 4 (Bucs)
Week 5: dog 2.5 (pats)
Week 6: favorite 3 (Texans)
Week 7: favorite 1 (Jags)
Week 8: favorite 1.5 (colts)
Week 9: favorite 2.5 (bears)
Week 10: dog 2.5 (minn)
Week 11: bye
Week 12: favorite 1 (ATL)
Week 13: favorite 1 (Det)
Week 14: favorite 3.5 (car)
Week 15: favorite 2 (NYG)
Week 16: favorite 1 (Rams)
Week 17: favorite 1.5 (TB)
Week 18: favorite 2.5 (atl)

Vegas has New Orleans at 14-3

But ok PFF

Sauce:

Not ever a bit worried about the Packers, Jordan Love is untested and unproven. No real reason to suggest that as a loss ya know. We should be 9-1 at the bye. I think ATL could be a problem, feel like their coaching is gonna be really aggressive, hope ours is.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom