PFF says Saints will win less than ten games in 2023 (1 Viewer)

Not ever a bit worried about the Packers, Jordan Love is untested and unproven. No real reason to suggest that as a loss ya know. We should be 9-1 at the bye. I think ATL could be a problem, feel like their coaching is gonna be really aggressive, hope ours is.

I crack up at this kind of stuff....Months before the season starts, not knowing who is going to be on or off rosters and injuries.....and some weird predict the future type ability for younger players.....

Jordan Love could turn out to be really good or not....no one knows....I guess a lot of the media types make money off clicks and stuff for "predictions" but to me it's akin to total BS, kind of along the lines of getting upset by the college football rankings......in week 2 of the season.....

We were 4-9 then we got gifted 3 wins by the football gods.

Atlanta gave Ridder his 1st start...we won by only 3
We got a rusty "Superstar" QB in a blizzard
We beat a Garnder Minshew led Eagles team

Then lost to a team who generated 49 yards of passing offense.
This. I know it’s the off-season and a time to be optimistic and pump us up for September, but I have zero trust in DA. Hope he proves me wrong.

I can’t fault anyone for doubting the Saints going into 2023.
Saying that, I think the Saints are the NFCS favorites.

It wouldn’t surprise me with DA as head coach, but there are no excuses that he shouldn’t win 10+ games. 9 wins may be enough to win the division though.

My prediction, a hugely talented and poorly coached team. They will play like they did last year. Receivers will run wide open across the middle at will, there will be a huge amount of penalties and some boneheaded play calling on both sides of the ball.

As always, I hope that I'm wrong but I didn't see anything from the Saints coaching staff last year to make me feel any differntly.
So the team that was 2nd in pass D and 9th in points against D, and 5th overall D had people running wide open against them all year? Interesting

It’s going to come down to three areas as it does for a lot of teams.

1) Oline play

2) Dline play

3) Coaching

No matter what a couple posters like to fixate on, Carr is a massive upgrade. I left QB play off because if we protect, Carr will light it up. For the majority of the season barring injury we will be really legit at RB and WR and the TE room should be a lot better. Our special teams unit should be solid and our defensive backfield is really solid. LB should be solid but we may lack depth there.

We have to protect better up front and be much better on the Dline against the run. Just those two things will give us a few more wins.

We were 7-10 last year n the O averaged about 19ppg. We lost SIX games where the opponents scored 22 pts r less: TB 20, CAR 22, PITT 20, SF 13, TB 17, CAR 10.

So once we signed Derek n Jamaal, I started thinking 10-7, n dat was WITHOUT Michael Thomas in da mix! I felt dat duo could be huge n help get us up to about 26 ppg.

Why? Right off top, Jamaal scored 17 TDs last year! Hell, that’s 6 ppg ALONE right there!

😂🤣😂🤣😂

Unfortunately we won’t have AK for the first 3 games. But MTs back n lookin good, which will hopefully help offset his absence.

Meanwhile, Carr has been lookin as every bit as good n sharp as I thought he’d be! MOST importantly, he’s already earning the respect of ALL of his TEAMMATES, including our vets, as a LEADER as both on AND off the field!

And I ain’t even talked about the D yet!

😂🤣😂

12-5???

1) Oline play

2) Dline play

3) Coaching

No matter what a couple posters like to fixate on, Carr is a massive upgrade. I left QB play off because if we protect, Carr will light it up. For the majority of the season barring injury we will be really legit at RB and WR and the TE room should be a lot better. Our special teams unit should be solid and our defensive backfield is really solid. LB should be solid but we may lack depth there.

We have to protect better up front and be much better on the Dline against the run. Just those two things will give us a few more wins.
Agreed!!! 👍🏾

Maybe it’s jus me, but when the Saints are at their best, it always seems to start with 2 simple things:

1) Running the ball

2) Stopping the run

When we do dat, everything else jus seems to fall in place, don’t it?

👍🏾

1) Oline play

2) Dline play

3) Coaching

Fourth area (elephant in the room) Turnovers

Don’t believe it?? Exhibit A is the NFCCG during our SB season. The Vikings pretty much dominated the Saints in all areas… except turnovers!

Check the stats:

:gosaints:

Seems like there is a different energy with this team and more talent and especially at the most important position.

This team last year was almost a 10 win, lots of bad breaks and even worse injury luck.

I see 10 as the floor.

DC will be able to audible out of bad play calls.

Coaching can only improve right😀
Coaching can only improve, we've improved at QB, Wide Receiver (MT BACK), we've more than improved the RB room, no way we can get worse than turnovers forced, might have the best DB room in Saints history, a favorable schedule, a weak division. I don't see a flop season.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom