Pff Secondary Rankings; Saints bad; Bucs Good (1 Viewer)

El Caliente

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
70002 via 92243 via 48109 via 92122 via 70119
I took away 2 things from this article 1) PFF rankings are a joke 2) Penalties are killing us.

Also, it’s funny reading posts from Bucs and Seahawks fans on this topic as they all believe that their secondary’s are much worse than these rankings.

Funny because I've heard a lot of people say good things about our secondary.

But, yeah, the penalties. Ooofff.

Secondary rankings are the most volatile thing PFF does. Secondary grades are more matchup and role dependent than any other grade. For example, Lattimore is asked to do things very few corners are asked to do, he rarely has a good PFF grade. The Saints also go against some of the best receivers the NFL has to offer in their division.

I'd also add that the secondary was just bad for the first half of the season (which is also when penalties were a huge problem). I'd imagine their grade from week 8 on is vastly different.

Last edited:
The bucs secondary is much improved since antonio brown got back into game form. I'm just guessing that since he's been the reason for everything else that's improved on that team. I do think they'll score more than 3 points this game.

It definitely shows how moronic pff is. If they say something you can unequivocally say they don’t know what they are talking about.

If we had a prime Legion of Boom. The article would be the same. Official gonna "officiate"

I mean, all bias aside, our secondary isn't really that good as people are believing them out to be....improved? sure.

do me a favor, before you disagree, go ahead and pop in any recent highlight video in the last 5-6 weeks on YouTube...you’ll be surprised how many times the saints DBs gets burnt In a game

The bucs secondary is much improved since antonio brown got back into game form. I'm just guessing that since he's been the reason for everything else that's improved on that team. I do think they'll score more than 3 points this game.
What does AB have to do with the Bucs on defense? He’s a WR?

Last edited:
I don’t agree with most of what they have to say even when it is complimentary to the Saints because it’s skewed. Hebert loves them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom