PFF suggests Saints trade for Kareem Hunt (1 Viewer)

D'Ernest Johnson is the back on the Browns roster that I'd like to grab. He'd be a great combo with Ingram while we wait on Kamara. Then down the line, would slot in well as a nice #2 option when Ingram either hangs 'em up or just becomes ineffective.

D'Ernest Johnson is the back on the Browns roster that I'd like to grab. He'd be a great combo with Ingram while we wait on Kamara. Then down the line, would slot in well as a nice #2 option when Ingram either hangs 'em up or just becomes ineffective.
It’s not very often that a player is resigned and immediately shipped away. You have to image the Browns have plans for Johnson.

My wife is from Cleveland so the Browns have become my second team.

Kareem Hunt is legit, he is a plug replacement for Kamara. Not saying he is quite as special, but not that far off either if you really watch him when he gets opportunities.
D'Ernest Johnson seems like he is emerging and a little more of a bruiser.

Browns have some serious RB talent, so a lot of people are watching that team.

My wife is from Cleveland so the Browns have become my second team.

Kareem Hunt is legit, he is a plug replacement for Kamara. Not saying he is quite as special, but not that far off either if you really watch him when he gets opportunities.
D'Ernest Johnson seems like he is emerging and a little more of a bruiser.

Browns have some serious RB talent, so a lot of people are watching that team.
if only they had a qb. oh wait.

It’s not very often that a player is resigned and immediately shipped away. You have to image the Browns have plans for Johnson.
On Sirius NFL radio I head someone say that signing him to the 1 year extension was a class move by the Browns because they respect him so much and wanted to do him a solid. At the same time they expect him to be the odd man out. Chubb and Hunt are solid. Then they have Felton and then spent valuable draft capital on a rookie they expect to make it. So anyone who trades for Johnson or picks him up on waivers, would have to honor his new deal.

Last edited:
It would help in the short term because I'd trust Hunt with RB1 touches if he's healthy. But the more interesting idea to me is when AK comes back you'd have a perfect compliment to AK's style. They would make a formidable combo.

I know we're all excited about Winston coming back and all these weapons for him to throw to but I'd love to be able to close out games on the ground in the 4th. Hunt and then AK/Hunt combined with our O line would do just that.
While I'm sure Hunt would stand up to the task of running a game out if we were able to get him, I'm really expecting that Smith makes the roster given his versatility (amongst other things). He's the perfect for the role of "if you run through somebody face... Over and over and over and over and over and... Over and over and over and over and over and over" at the closeout stage of games! 😆

*Sorry if quoting Marshawn should've come with a trigger warning, y'all. I still wince every time I think of him myself, but good gravy could that man run the football. And he's one of the most quotable players ever, to boot!

The Browns have three other good RBs, including Chubb and D’Ernest.
That's a good point. I hadn't realized they had all the other RB's on their roster. Hunt and Kamara are practically clones of each other. They basically are used pretty much the same way. I wouldn't mind trading for Hunt, but do we have what takes in draft picks to get him?

Hunt would give us a Scary 2 headed monster at 220+ pounds physical a hood runner and can catch and run after the pass!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom