PFT at it already... (1 Viewer)

Saint Droopy

Born/Raised in Hollygrove
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
April Fools jokes...

JASON TAYLOR TO RETIRE

Posted by Mike Florio on April 1, 2008, 8:17 a.m.

Miami Dolphins defensive end Jason Taylor, currently a contestant on that showcase for show business has-beens and wannabes known as Dancing with the Stars, will announce on Tuesday night’s broadcast his retirement from the National Football League.

And while many have assumed that Taylor joined the ABC dancing joint for the sole purpose of getting himself in line for a post-football career in acting and/or infomercials, he has fallen in love with dancing, which he is now referring to simply as “the dance.”

“I love the dance,” Taylor recently said. “No matter whether I reach my dream of winning the Lombardi Trophy of the entertainment world, I plan to move to New York and pursue a career in the dance.

“I’ll start from the bottom. I’ll show up for every audition. I just need to find a good set of leg warmers, because I’m kind of tall.”

They HAD to see this coming...

Linkage

TAYLOR STORY CREATES A STIR

Posted by Mike Florio on April 1, 2008, 10:45 a.m.

Okay, we’ll admit it. The story about Jason Taylor is an April Fool’s joke.​
And, yeah, we said we wouldn’t do any April Fool’s gags this year. But that was part of the setup. Moving forward, for the rest of the day, no April Fool’s jokes.

The Palm Beach Post writes that the phony report “sent a jolt through the media room” at the league meetings, but that the writers assembled there realized based on the quotes from Taylor that the item was a hoax.

The folks at Viking Update weren’t so lucky. They bought it hook, line, and leg warmer: “Some media sources are reporting that Dolphins defensive end Jason Taylor, currently testing his dignity on ABC-TV's ‘Dancing with the Stars,’ will announce his retirement from football on tonight's show increasing the odds that the Dolphins will select DE Chris Long with the first pick in this year’s draft.”

Meanwhile, Taco Bill had to chime in on the whole thing.

flashdance-taylor.jpg

:lol:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom