PFT: Could Blackmon be traded by Tuesday? (1 Viewer)

i'd love to see the saints trade for him. i drafted him in a few FF leagues and let him sit on the bench for his 4 game suspension because i had a feeling he would produce right away. even with the Jaguars' awful play, he's consistently producing. in fact, IN SPITE of their questionable QB play, he's a playmaker.

with Drew throwing to him, he would dominate.

i'd love to see the saints trade for him. i drafted him in a few FF leagues and let him sit on the bench for his 4 game suspension because i had a feeling he would produce right away. even with the Jaguars' awful play, he's consistently producing. in fact, IN SPITE of their questionable QB play, he's a playmaker.

with Drew throwing to him, he would dominate.

agreed, dude is extremely talented, physical and fast like dez

Blackmon is an absolute stud. I actually trust him much more than Gordon. Blackmon is a good guy with an alcohol problem. Gordon is a numbskull with a "stupid" problem.

See the difference. Gordon has a higher upside and would serve as our deep threat...but Blackmon over the middle of the field is beastly.

I would gladly give up a 2nd for either.

I am also a Jaguars fan...and I would beyond ****** if they got rid of Blackmon...for anything. He is easily the best player on the team.

I dont think New Orleans is exactly the place to be for a 25 yr old millionaire struggling with alcoholism.

with that said, if we give up a 3rd for him and 2 yrs from now he doesnt pan out on the off-the-field issue, then so be it. If he can focus on the field, its a no-brainer.

I dont think New Orleans is exactly the place to be for a 25 yr old millionaire struggling with alcoholism.

with that said, if we give up a 3rd for him and 2 yrs from now he doesnt pan out on the off-the-field issue, then so be it. If he can focus on the field, its a no-brainer.

Alcohol is no more accessible or easy to get in Nola than any other NFL city

Just like linemen have an issue with the city of New Orleans because all of the great food, huh? Alcohol is INCREDIBLY easy to obtain...anywhere. He needs self-discipline and needs medical help. He needs a good sponser and routine attendance in AA. I would think that a locker room like the Saints would be a benefit over the dysfunction of the Jaguars' locker room. And I am saying this as a Jaguars fan.

We're grilling Blackmon on his issues but we don't seem to mind Joe Morgan's most recent incident? Plenty of players have had off-field problems (such as alcoholism) and been able to get it under control... but we are in agreement about the low-risk high-reward scenario of giving up a 3rd round pick for him.

Ultimately though, I don't think the Jags are going to want to get rid of (arguably) their best player for just an extra 3rd round pick.

No way do the Saints go after him or Gordon. Loomis and Payton aren't one to deal w/ headcases in the locker room. It's one reason our chemistry is some of the best in the league, we don't have any "Me me me" players.

A fourth round pick would be a steal for Blackmon. He would be an incredible value for a third round pick and I would have no issues whatsoever with that deal. Any picks above that begin to be debatable in my mind. I do not have any doubt the Saints would be better with him on the team. At what cost would be the question. We need to work out some upcoming contracts and there are still some holes to be filled. I would love to see some of the issues with the OL addressed next year with some priority.

Being that we actually have a defense now, I'd seriously consider giving a 2nd rounder for Blackmon. That dude produces with the likes of Blaine Gabbert and Chad Henne. Imagine what he could do with Drew as his QB. Besides, our offense is missing a WR that can run crisp routes while creating separation. Adding Blackmon (a known commodity), could possibly save us from spending a 2nd rounder on a WR in this coming draft (which no one knows if that WOULD happen, but it could).

Alcohol is no more accessible or easy to get in Nola than any other NFL city

Probably right.

but the "atmosphere" in New Orleans inst the same as Jacksonville.

Thats part of my point.

But again, im just stating the obvious. My hope would be a 3rd and he does well for his remaining 2 years. Then go from there.

We could use this dude ASAP. He fast, young and have good hands. Make da move Mick !!

Dez had some issues but look at him now

Though I'm not sure Blackmon would be a good fit here being the #3 option behind Graham and Sproles

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom