PFT: Could Blackmon be traded by Tuesday? (1 Viewer)

Dez had some issues but look at him now

Though I'm not sure Blackmon would be a good fit here being the #3 option behind Graham and Sproles

I really dont like when people say our receivers are X option.

Drew throws the open man...its that simple. In fact, i would argue that many of the plays to Sproles, he was the LAST option.

Drew spreads the ball around, no different than Peyton Manning does with Decker, Welker, and the Thomases.

If the Saints acquired a new WR, if he gets open, Drew will find him and he will have plenty of stats.

I'd take Gordon over Blackmon strictly because I couldn't stand to look at Justin Blackmon.

We could use this dude ASAP. He fast, young and have good hands. Make da move Mick !!

If it aint broke, don't fix it. "Make it Happen Loomis" would have worked perfectly there. I don't think we will ever see a "Make da move Mick" T shirt.

With his issues I would think It would be a conditional pick scenario with possibly a 2015 pick added

Probably right.

but the "atmosphere" in New Orleans inst the same as Jacksonville.

Thats part of my point.

But again, im just stating the obvious. My hope would be a 3rd and he does well for his remaining 2 years. Then go from there.

Any city large enough to support an NFL team will have its own party atmosphere and I don't see one city being better or worse than any other in that regard

I'd take Gordon over Blackmon strictly because I couldn't stand to look at Justin Blackmon.

gordon
original.jpg

blackmon
Justin_Blackmon_AP120603034386_620x350.jpg

both in their mugshots for you to compare...

gordon has started 18 games, hes gone for 77 rec, 1255 yards, 7 tds
blackmon has started 17 games, hes gone for 89 rec, 1249 yards, 6 tds

both have had terrible qbs.

gordons contract details
7/16/2012: Signed a four-year, $5.342 million contract. The deal contains $3.8 million guaranteed -- a $2.324 million signing bonus, Gordon's first two base salaries, and $380,000 of his third-year salary. 2013: $632,802, 2014: $825,604 (+ $50,000 workout bonus), 2015: $1,068,406 (+ $50,000 workout bonus), 2016: Free Agent

blackmons contract details
8/6/2012: Signed a four-year, $18.5 million contract. The deal is fully guaranteed -- unless Blackmon gets suspended -- and includes a $7.11 million signing bonus. Future guarantees can void if Blackmon incurs further off-the-field trouble. 2013: $1,231,455 (+ $700,000 roster bonus due in March + $1 million roster bonus due before training camp), 2014: $2,072,910 (+ $1.7 million roster bonus due in March), 2015: $2,914,365 (+ $1.39 million roster bonus due in March), 2016: Free Agent

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom