PFT: Could Blackmon be traded by Tuesday? (1 Viewer)

melecoaze

Brazilian Saint
Reaction score
With the Jaguars under Shad Khan now 2-21 during his tenure as owner (that’s a 9.5 percent success rate), the time to flip current players for future prospects has arrived.

And the best prospect they currently have on the roster is receiver Justin Blackmon.

Could Blackmon be traded by Tuesday? | ProFootballTalk

Don't see they trading him, and im not sure what they would want in return, but this dude is REALLY talented. He's got the same troubles as Josh Gordon though. Toughts?

It's all relative... Should we consider trading for him? Sure, but what's the price tag going to be? a 4th rounder? Sure. Anything higher, no. That would be my limit.

I just dont see the Falcons involved. I mean, dont get me wrong, i would LOVE to see the Falcons involved, but considering the cost to acquire him....they would just be adding another WR while completely ignoring the rest of the team needs.

Colts on the other hand....that could get interesting.

It's all relative... Should we consider trading for him? Sure, but what's the price tag going to be? a 4th rounder? Sure. Anything higher, no. That would be my limit.

I'd imagine he would cost at minimum a 2nd. Considering Richardson just got traded for 1st, i am sure they are hoping to get a similar deal and get a "do-over" on their 1st round pick.

I don't see this deal going down. Atlanta won't pull the trigger - they have Roddy and Julio. The Jags wouldn't trade him to Indy either, being a division rival and all.

He is one strike away from banishment from the league; I just can't see a deal happening that would be worthwhile to the Jags.

I just dont see the Falcons involved. I mean, dont get me wrong, i would LOVE to see the Falcons involved, but considering the cost to acquire him....they would just be adding another WR while completely ignoring the rest of the team needs.

Colts on the other hand....that could get interesting.

I'd be overjoyed if the Falcons trade for him. They are too far out to have a chance this season and they are so injured that even if they made some remarkable turnaround they wont go far in the playoffs anyway. If they give up a pick for Blackmon it wont help them, they couldn't win with Julio and White. That would be one less draft pick (probably a high one).

The bad news, if they do this they may release White to make room for JB which would stink. I don't think it is White's ankle bothering him as much as his age and want the Falcons to get stuck with him next season before they realize he is washed up.

I would take Blackmon for a 3rd next year, maybe even a 2nd but I doubt it happens.

I'd do up to a third for him, dude is a beast and the troubles he had will be minimized with a team like ours.

Send him or Gordon here. Because it would be great (for my fantasy football team) for us to have another legit weapon.

I seriously don't get why someone wouldn't trade a first for him.

If he were in college right now, coming out in next year's draft, he would EASILY be picked in the first round.

Without a doubt.

So why wouldn't someone give a future first rounder to acquire a guarantee 1st round talent.

If he were in college right now, coming out in next year's draft, he would EASILY be picked in the first round.

Without a doubt.

So why wouldn't someone give a future first rounder to acquire a guarantee 1st round talent.

I think there are a few reasons. His rookie contract is almost up so he is either going to want to be paid or you only have him for a short time. Maybe he never really integrates well onto your team and you've now wasted that pick. You draft a rookie and you have 5 years to develop him at a premium price.

I think there are also compensatory draft ramifications as well. And not to mention the surprise factor with that first rd pick. Maybe for some very odd reason Clowney drops to our slot. You want to at least have a dog in that fight.

Without a doubt.

He was picked in the first round....5th.

Legal troubles....DUI, suspensions....

There's two sides to the equation in adding Blackmon. Getting him and keeping him.

We seem to be focused on getting him, but to keep him, he's got a cap number of about $4.25 mil. With Graham's contract coming, I don't think we can afford to go ahead and add someone like that to the mix. Perhaps next year, with Graham done and likely savings from losing some veteran contract money (either by releasing those veterans or having them at far less pay), we'll have more certainty about our cap situation.

Gordon's cap number is much lower. Both are in the second of four year deals.

I think there are a few reasons. His rookie contract is almost up so he is either going to want to be paid or you only have him for a short time.

He's in the second year of a four-year deal. So technically, it isn't even halfway over. We'd get a year and a half before having to look at extending, but even then we'd still have another year under that rookie deal.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom