PFT: Could Blackmon be traded by Tuesday? (1 Viewer)

I'd imagine he would cost at minimum a 2nd. Considering Richardson just got traded for 1st, i am sure they are hoping to get a similar deal and get a "do-over" on their 1st round pick.

There's several factors.

For starters, the Colts simply overpaid for Richardson because they were desperate. You almost never see players traded for 1st round picks, much less players who aren't perennial pro-bowlers. That kind of trade isn't a trend setter. It's an exception.

Secondly, Richardson still had 3 years left on his contract. That matters to teams as they certainly aren't going to trade a high pick and then pay a big contract for any player not named Drew Brees, etc. Blackmon is about to be off his rookie deal.

Lastly, Blackmon has huge off the field issues. That will undoubtedly lower his value to any NFL team.

If he does get traded I think it's for a 3rd rounder.

I seriously don't get why someone wouldn't trade a first for him.

If he were in college right now, coming out in next year's draft, he would EASILY be picked in the first round.

Without a doubt.

So why wouldn't someone give a future first rounder to acquire a guarantee 1st round talent.

Is he on the old rookie wage scale or the new one? If he's on the new one, then i'd be interested 10 times out of 10. If he's on the old scale, then my interest would only be at about 3/10.

He was picked in the first round....5th.

Legal troubles....DUI, suspensions....

I remember espn highlighting a story on him in college about all his contributions outside of football and how good of a kid he really was

I guess his legal troubles and suspensions are more of him making some boneheaded decisions than it is about him actually being a bad person

Those mistakes could be easily rectified but it should lower the asking price for the moment

There's several factors.

For starters, the Colts simply overpaid for Richardson because they were desperate. You almost never see players traded for 1st round picks, much less players who aren't perennial pro-bowlers. That kind of trade isn't a trend setter. It's an exception.

Secondly, Richardson still had 3 years left on his contract. That matters to teams as they certainly aren't going to trade a high pick and then pay a big contract for any player not named Drew Brees, etc. Blackmon is about to be off his rookie deal.

Lastly, Blackmon has huge off the field issues. That will undoubtedly lower his value to any NFL team.

If he does get traded I think it's for a 3rd rounder.

I get that, but he isnt "about to be off his rookie deal." You realize he just got drafted last season, 2 spots AFTER Trent Richardson? He has the same deal as Richardson.

I dont think the Jags give him away for a third.

I stand by that it is a minimum 2nd round pick. I dont think a team is willing to give up a 1st with his off the field issues. But i wouldnt be shocked if its a second and conditional later round pick as well.

New one, but still don't like that cap hit.

Justin Blackmon Contracts, Salaries, Cap Hits, & Transactions

Gordon's is much nicer.

Josh Gordon Contracts, Salaries, Cap Hits, & Transactions

However, I really don't see us trading for a WR mid season.

I for the most part agree. However, for the right price, bringing in one of these guys to start learning our system to get them going for next year would be ideal and better than most anything we can find in the 2nd round of next year's draft...at least talent-wise.

I've got it. Sign Usain Bolt. Find a QB that can throw the ball 100 yards and an Oline that can pass protect for 9.58 seconds...unstoppable!

Why on Earth would anyone want to see the Falcons aquire Blackmon? You want to go up against Julio, White, and Blackmon twice a year?!

we need to step in and make a move this kid is a playmaker on the field i think SP can get his mind right if he moves to a winning organization.

i think we all know what needs to "happen":scratch:

Why on Earth would anyone want to see the Falcons aquire Blackmon? You want to go up against Julio, White, and Blackmon twice a year?!

You could put four $1,000 Michelin racing tires on your Honda Civic but you're still driving a Honda Civic.

Blackmon is an absolute stud. I actually trust him much more than Gordon. Blackmon is a good guy with an alcohol problem. Gordon is a numbskull with a "stupid" problem.

See the difference. Gordon has a higher upside and would serve as our deep threat...but Blackmon over the middle of the field is beastly.

I would gladly give up a 2nd for either.

I am also a Jaguars fan...and I would beyond ****** if they got rid of Blackmon...for anything. He is easily the best player on the team.

Wow. 2-21. If I were projected as #1 overall pick I would tell them to not draft me.

I know no one likes losing picks but I think ud have to be crazy not to give up a 2nd rounder for this guy, he is a stud, dez bryant like, teams like us who are primed to make a superbowl run but dont have a WR that can get seperation sometimes need to make a sacrifice, would u rather not trade our pick for him and get a great player with the pick we would have used on him and that player make a pro bowl or 2 but we dont get a superbowl, or make the trade and wint he superbowl this year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom