PFT Jamies can see and is safer in traffic. (1 Viewer)

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

NGL, severe astigmatism sucks, though. You get blobs or cascades surrounding light sources and focusing at long distances is difficult and you can kiss depth perception goodbye.

EntireWideBorzoi-max-1mb.gif

WaterloggedWhimsicalKakarikis-size_restricted.gif

PinkHalfBrownbutterfly-size_restricted.gif

"Is that... Is that a person?"

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

NGL, severe astigmatism sucks, though. You get blobs or cascades surrounding light sources and focusing at long distances is difficult and you can kiss depth perception goodbye.
I have really bad astigmatism. Ophthalmologists have commented how surprising it is to see a case as severe as mine. It definitely sucks, just ask my golf buddies. I can't imagine playing QB with severe astigmatism.

That could explain why he struggles with transition coverage sooo badly.

Those images from FSU are what I keep thinking of. That whole NCG all they talked about was how coaches had tried to talk him into it. Here we are 6 years and two teams later and that really speaks to some otherworldly stubbornness. But yet he did it finally so he isn’t hopeless.

i never got it. Was it fear of the procedure or did he think it was like Samson’s hair.

Those images from FSU are what I keep thinking of. That whole NCG all they talked about was how coaches had tried to talk him into it. Here we are 6 years and two teams later and that really speaks to some otherworldly stubbornness. But yet he did it finally so he isn’t hopeless.

i never got it. Was it fear of the procedure or did he think it was like Samson’s hair.

There's a real danger in the procedure that's often overlooked. The odds are fairly small, but if it goes wrong his career is over.

A good friend had it a few years back and one eye is permanently damaged. The pupil does not open and close as it should and it left her vision far worse than it was previously. When that risk is over 50m dollars it makes you think.

There's a real danger in the procedure that's often overlooked. The odds are fairly small, but if it goes wrong his career is over.

A good friend had it a few years back and one eye is permanently damaged. The pupil does not open and close as it should and it left her vision far worse than it was previously. When that risk is over 50m dollars it makes you think.

i wondered. I know several people who have had it but that’s the first negative experience I’ve heard. That’s a hell of a negative though and I’m sorry to hear it.

EntireWideBorzoi-max-1mb.gif

Wow, those show him squinting to see. Unr. I am nearsighted and i could see how that could impact him throwing. Surprised he went so long without having lasik. I remember when Aaron brooks had lasik too.

Any surgery is risky. I can’t fault anybody for waiting on something like that.

i wondered. I know several people who have had it but that’s the first negative experience I’ve heard. That’s a hell of a negative though and I’m sorry to hear it.
It can also cause halo's around lights especially in night time situations. I'm sure he did the newer process where they don't have to cut a flap, but there was a much bigger problem 15 years ago because if they didn't lay that flap back perfectly it could ruin the whole thing.

Most people do both eye's at the same time, but best practice would be to do one and let it recover. That way you know you have at least one eye not totally messed up.

Yeah, I had it in September 2017 (the Thursday before our home opener against New England) and they make it very clear to you that there is certainly a high risk involved (even though it's a small probability). I'm glad I did it, but at the same time I'm very lucky that I didn't draw the proverbial short straw.

He probably felt that he had gotten by with his vision in college and still performed at a high level so it wouldn't affect him too much at the next level either so he held off on getting the surgery.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom