PFT Power Rankings (Saints ranking and note caught my eye) (1 Viewer)

St. Geezy

⚜️
Reaction score
It seems PFT is noticing that this is a pretty good football team despite its poor record:

26. Saints (4-6; No. 21): Of all the teams in the division, this is the one that could go the deepest into the postseason — if it can get there.

Week 12 Power Rankings | ProFootballTalk

We are ranked 26th with a 4-6 record and this author believes we could make a deep playoff run if we were to qualify.

What a frustrating season, because most of us feel the same way. We are so close.

We could be so good if we just played a decent game in all three phases. We don't even need to be amazing...just more even. One positive that stands out are our defensive halftime adjustments. They're amazing! I think Carolina had one first down in the second half iirc? It just so happened to be the game clincher

It's very plausible. Atlanta only needs to lose 1 game before the Saints play em.

We could be so good if we just played a decent game in all three phases. We don't even need to be amazing...just more even. One positive that stands out are our defensive halftime adjustments. They're amazing! I think Carolina had one first down in the second half iirc? It just so happened to be the game clincher

I noticed that, you are so right.

GG was very good at making defensive adjustments, now it appears that Allen is good.

Payton is pretty good at making offensive adjustments too.

Something missing: In more successful years, when a player had a bad game, someone would almost always pick up his slack. Recently, not so much, but I'm hoping to get back to that.

That's the frustrating thing about this year's team. Unlike the last couple of seasons, we see the potential with this team, but it just hasn't been able to get over the hump. There is no more tomorrow for this team. They've got to start winning now if they want to make anything out of this season.

Do we lay down for the Rams again?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom