PFT power rankings (1 Viewer)

I love my saints but even i gotta say that at this point that rating is too high. Our defence has to show it can consistently play well against high end competition. This next stretch of games will be a good litmus test
Not really getting this..how have the Rams defense done against good offenses? How about the Vikings D? How bout the Eagles D? Why is there a double standard for us?

"Our D has looked good cause it played against the Redskins and Giants". Rams and Vikings D haven't really stopped any high end competition either..but if we don't we're just not that good.

We're doing what we're suppose to do.

Last edited:
what is it about Brees that gets people so triggered? I mean, look at this guy:

says:
October 16, 2018 at 12:04 pm
Brees top 5 all time? Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers, John Elway, Brett Favre, Joe Montana, Terry Bradshaw, Roger Staubach, Bart Starr, Johnny Unitas, Otto Graham, Sammy Baugh. Most if not all of those better than Brees.

Not really getting this..how have the Rams defense done against good offenses? How about the Vikings D? How bout the Eagles D? Why is there a double standard for us?

"Our D has looked good cause it played against the Redskins and Giants". Rams and Vikings D haven't really stopped any high end competition either..but if we don't we're just not that good.

We're doing what were suppose to do.
You know, you're right. There seems to be a new definition in the NFL about what constitutes a good, championship caliber defense these days. With the latest round of rule changes we have seen the majority of defenses around the league getting abused. This is probably going to be the new norm. And if so, it means that there are not nearly as many defenses that are head and shoulders better than us as there used to be.
:hmm:

All I'm saying is I don't trust our defence yet. Not that it's bad. If they play well for a few more weeks than my opinion changes.

But I see your point.

Power ratings are for mouseclicks, mainly, but it's encouraging to see us getting due respect. And Brees has been a top-5 QB for a long time now. Shame on the PFFT's wording there.
Win a SB and they may finally start talking GOAT. And then I woke up lol

People keep complaining about our defense not stopping high powered offenses. How did the 49ers do against us in the playoffs in 2011? They are high powered offenses for a reason. The good thing that we have going for ya is that our high powered offense is one of the strongest in the league.

This is a season we can really do some damage. I bet that a lit of the reason defenses all over are struggling is because of the new rules. So if this gets down to offenses I love our chances. We have depth at about every position except T.E. We need to take care of business this week.

Well with a team like the Falcons, if that crazy lateral play by the Bucs had won them that game and cost Dan Quinn his job, Blank would probably have just rehired Mike Smith as the new head coach. I mean, Mike is available now. :scratch:
BTW, that crazy lateral play would not have won the game, because if it had scored all scoring plays are reviewed and they would have reversed it for the 1st pass from winston was forward and not a lateral.

Honestly, I really haven’t watched a good defense all year. You have spurts of good defensive play but nothing like in the past. They have changed the rules so much in favor of offense that it’s expected to see teams score 30-40 points a game almost, even bad teams. You guys know what I’m talking about....we have seen a ton of overtime games also cause nobody can make a stop. Just a sign of the times I guess.

BTW, that crazy lateral play would not have won the game, because if it had scored all scoring plays are reviewed and they would have reversed it for the 1st pass from winston was forward and not a lateral.
Yeah, I knew that play wouldn't have counted because of the forward pass, but if everything had been successful (and legal), it may have been hard to keep Quinn if the cry was loud enough to send him packing. Of course the only way the fans' griping could have been that loud is if they turned up those stadium amplifiers. :hihi:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom