PFT reporting that Cheifs to cut Ty Law {merged} (1 Viewer)

Work him out with a stopwatch. Sign him if he still has a step. Cut him later if we get lucky/smart enough to get legitimate CB help.

Guys like Law and Z. Thomas would make really good stopgap measures until players like Usama and this years draftees can play full time. D. Patten was more than adequate when Meachem couldn't go, and I think having him around definately didn't hurt Meach's development.

Payton mentioned getting younger on defense... so now he's talking to zach thomas... and I wouldn't be surprised if they bring in Ty Law for a talk too...

Ty Law on one leg is better than Jason David.

If nothing else, it's a roster spot and salary cap room for a guy to coach up Usama.

I guess young players to Payton are players younger than he is.
But I still think it is an improvment but I would like to go after Trufant first.

for those only focusing on age, remember Darrell Green?

Remember Dale Carter. I am not saying that we should not sign him, but DC didn't work out too well.

Don't forget Chris Carter either. While not a Saint, the Vikes sure did get a lot of good years out of him when many thought he should have hung it up.

Remember Dale Carter. I am not saying that we should not sign him, but DC didn't work out too well.
That is because Dale Carter spent his signing bonus on Cocaine and stayed high the entire time he was here.

Ty Law needs to go somewhere that is playing a Tampa 2 type defense where he can roam and ball hawk. He haas lost a few steps the last couple of years. Experience has kept him out on the field. He is too long in the tooth for me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom