PFT Rumormill reporting Loomis may block Carmichael's leaving (1 Viewer)

LSSpam

Practice Squad
Reaction score
http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

We're hearing unconfirmed rumors that, while Payton is inclined to let Carmichael leave, G.M. Mickey Loomis wants to force Carmichael to stay put. We've also heard -- again, unconfirmed -- that quarterback Drew Brees, who has worked with Carmichael since 2002, is lobbying the organization to keep him.

As we understand it, Payton has final say on the matter.

The rumor is that Loomis, Payton, and Carmichael are meeting on Monday morning in an effort to work things out.

Stay tuned.

If Drew wants to keep him, then make it so Loomis. Coach Carmichael has kept Drew at the top of his game for 2 years straight now.

If Drew wants to keep him, then make it so Loomis. Coach Carmichael has kept Drew at the top of his game for 2 years straight now.

I'm sure some sort of compromise will have to be worked out. You can't just keep the man against his will, wouldn't make for a happy workplace. Some sort of raise/increased power/better title would have to be worked out. Co-offensive coordinator/passing game coordinator?

07235-4.jpg

this whole situation has to be over money why else would a QB coach want to go coach whoever the hell Miami's QB is over Brees and almost anyone he wants.

I'm sure some sort of compromise will have to be worked out. You can't just keep the man against his will, wouldn't make for a happy workplace. Some sort of raise/increased power/better title would have to be worked out. Co-offensive coordinator/passing game coordinator?

That's what I was thinking too...a big up in $$$ and title.

That's what I was thinking too...a big up in $$$ and title.

What's really interesting about this situation is less the impact it'll have in terms of QB coaching and more in the sort of impact it could have in how our offensive play-calling is structured.

There's a good chance Sparano will relinquish play-calling duties to Carmichael in Miami. At the very least Carmichael will have the title of OC and "Passing Game Coordinator". Does Sean Payton match that? Does that mean turning over some play-calling responsibilities?

this whole situation has to be over money why else would a QB coach want to go coach whoever the hell Miami's QB is over Brees and almost anyone he wants.

Money isn't just the overall factor, so is his level of power. There is a big difference (on some teams) in being the QB coach or the OC.

Let's hope so. You don't want a disgruntled coach on the staff. I believe I read that Carmichael had been Brees' QB coach for his entire NFL career. That seems to be working but it's hard to argue with going with Parcells. Parcells has turned around every franchise he's been with......

What's really interesting about this situation is less the impact it'll have in terms of QB coaching and more in the sort of impact it could have in how our offensive play-calling is structured.

There's a good chance Sparano will relinquish play-calling duties to Carmichael in Miami. At the very least Carmichael will have the title of OC and "Passing Game Coordinator". Does Sean Payton match that? Does that mean turning over some play-calling responsibilities?

Great questions Spam.....

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

CARMICHAEL STAYING PUT?

Now that Monday morning has come and gone, we're hearing that Saints quarterbacks coach Pete Carmichael has opted to stay put with the team in lieu of leaving to become the Dolphins' offensive coordinator.

At this point, it's only an unconfirmed rumor.

Carmichael has been a key ingredient in the development and rise of Saints quarterback Drew Brees. Carmichael worked with Brees since 2002, Brees' second season in the league.

This is the latest news on Carmichael from PFT.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom