PFT: Saints release Garrett Grayson (merged) (1 Viewer)

Not going to gripe over spilled milk about who we could have draft, I'll chalk it up as Grayson was an experiment that didn't pan out. Time to move on.

If Grayson is really done and the Saints don't intend to bring him back, I hope they look at Patrick Mahomes in the draft.

Regardless of Grayson comes back to the PS or not, the Saints will need to find a true heir to Brees in the next draft or '18 at the latest. You don't have the future of your franchise pass thru waivers and sit on your PS.

I know there are a bunch of Grayson defenders but guys.... he is not good. There was little to no news on him last season and this season he sucked in training camp and and awful in the preseason. I don't see any reason why they should no just cut bait and be done with it. Chase Daniel showed far more promise than Grayson.

Like I've said over and over again. Horrible pick that would never play a snap for the Saints.

Thought for sure we were going to pick David Johnson with that pick.

They'll very likely add a 3rd QB to the PS ... whether or not it's Grayson is still unknown. The re-signing of McCown during the off-season was a bad sign that Grayson had not progressed. Payton and Loomis have demonstrated that they'll cut ties with a player, even if he was a high draft choice.

i was talking to my friend. it is a SAD that a 3rd QB couldn't beat luke McCown for backup QB for 2 years... Come on.. even Chase Daniels beat out Luke 2 years in a row. i didn't understand why we kept the guy if he couldn't be holding Brees clipboard. If Luke would have done an out route back should pad throw last year we would have beaten carolina.... back to the drawing board looking for the next future saints qb... at least we will have brees for 2 more years!

Why is it sad? When you draft you find someone with a skill set to train and coach up. Maybe Payton realized that maybe the ceiling just wasn't high enough. Or maybe he will bounce back and forth on the roster. Being the third QB is an on again, off again sort of thing. They need a guy who can step in and win on limited practice. That's Why Cade was kept as the backup. He can step in and play. Grayson is the project that realistically gets very little practice during the season anyway. So if he bounces it's ok anyway. After the first game lets see if he's back on the roster.

honestly, i don't care if he gets back on the PS. the point is he isn't even good enough to be #2 QB. we drafted him high... at least those other QB we had Griffin from tulane and Cade were lower spots so expectation wasn't high for them. but grayson couldn't even beat out Luke. I'm guessing there wasn't anyone else good enough in round 3 to draft that year... or SP and loomis admit they made a mistake.. either ways wasted 3rd round pick.

Give up on Grayson. Just another poor selection in the draft.

i was talking to my friend. it is a SAD that a 3rd QB couldn't beat luke McCown for backup QB for 2 years... Come on.. even Chase Daniels beat out Luke 2 years in a row. i didn't understand why we kept the guy if he couldn't be holding Brees clipboard. If Luke would have done an out route back should pad throw last year we would have beaten carolina.... back to the drawing board looking for the next future saints qb... at least we will have brees for 2 more years!

Daniel

Mccown has made himself valuable to this team. Multiple years in the scheme with upper tier arm talent. He is ready to play. Asking any young qb to be better then him is unrealistic. Your only out of the Mccown business when you make a decision to go young

Amateurish drafting, I can't believe it. Knew from the start it's wasted pick, we all knew Brees has more than 4 years in him.

With Grayson gone what QB will the Saints get to build up to replace Brees in two years? To get a top rated college QB in the draft will mean we lose a lot of games this year. What other options do we have? McCown is not the future!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom