PFT: Saints release Garrett Grayson (merged) (1 Viewer)

I do hope he ends at the practice squad, we have invested pick and time on him, and to me, we can't make a decision yet on him.

Sadly, I thought Griffin looked better at his second year then Grayson, and we decided to part ways with him. I am getting worried we are looking for an extraordinary talent that might not come to us.

BTW, I know it is too early, but I was way impressed with that young Notre Dame quarterback. Icy cold on tense moments, the thing I like the most of my passers.

This with anouncement the Drew's contract is done. maybe we are trading for a player.

We picked Grayson 75th overall (we also took P.J Williams 78th). But between 75 and our next pick at 148 we could have taken:

OG John Miller (starter for Buffalo this year)
TE Tyler Kroft
WR Sammie Coates
RB Jeremy Langford
OG Tre' Jackson
OLB Kwon Alexander
WR Stefon Diggs

Sucks that we could have had some good picks but we ended up wasting it on Grayson

If only the Saints had the foresight to make decisions in hindsight.

Making room on the roster for Evans?

Grayson didn't come close to beating out McCown, and you don't need 3 QBs

I believe someone is in the FO playing Franchise Mode on Madden

What's interesting in Emory's 2015 draft recap video, he predicted that we would revisit the QB situation.

Personally, I think we'll be better off trading for either Huntley or Brissett. I am not sure how Payton feels about mobile QBs but you can't go wrong with their talent.

BTW, I know it is too early, but I was way impressed with that young Notre Dame quarterback. Icy cold on tense moments, the thing I like the most of my passers.
Matt Miller is already projecting him at No1 for '17 so you weren't the only one.

You have to say this though, thanks to the rookie salary cap, teams are much quicker to move on from underachieving players. Look at the number of players over the last few days who have been cut or traded that were taken in the first 3 rounds of last years draft. I think I have counted Rowe, DGB, and there was someone else who was taken early as well who was recently moved.

If you think a guy has franchise QB potential, you draft him.

If you find out he does not, you cut him.

We can complain about the FO not being good at evaluating players, but I do not disagree with the strategy. You take chances.

2015 draft looking better and better by the day. Said it back then, we shoulda drafted Collins with one of those 3rd round picks we had......

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom