PFT: "Strong Indications" Raiders will Select Gholston with 4th Pick (1 Viewer)

BlackNGoldblood

Cruisin' for a Bruisin'
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Article also speculates that if this happens, the Cowboys very well could move up to the Jets or Pats spot to grab McFadden. Anyone know if these play out, could this help us or hurt us land one of the two DT's?

ProFootballTalk.com - Rumor Mill

It would only help us. If KC takes Clady, then we have a good chance of landing one of them IMO. I think the 'Boys will trade with the Jets, just to screw the Pats.

That just makes it more probable that either NE would be willing to trade with us. The Jets still probably want to draft McFadden.

Article also speculates that if this happens, the Cowboys very well could move up to the Jets or Pats spot to grab McFadden. Anyone know if these play out, could this help us or hurt us land one of the two DT's?

ProFootballTalk.com - Rumor Mill

Well, let's think about.

Taking this weeks "strong" rumors at face value . . .

#1 Miami - Jake Long
#2 St. Louis - ?
#3 Atlanta - Matt Ryan
#4 Oakland - Vernon Gholston

St. Louis would be likely to go Chris Long in that instance, which puts Dorsey and Ellis in the 5 - 7 range where we could "comfortably" (with a 1st and a 2nd or there-abouts) move up.

If that's what we want to do.

Hmm.
IF the Dolphins take Chris Long/Jake Long
then:
2-Jake Long/Chris Long
3-Glenn Dorsey(but hopefully Matt Ryan)
4-Vernon Gholston
5-Darren McFadden
6-Trade with Saints...Saints select Sedrick Ellis(unless Glenn wasn't picked at 3)

It really all hinges on what Atlanta does. If Atlanta takes Dorsey, we will have to trade up to 6 or 7 to get Ellis. If Atlanta takes Ryan, then we may be able to get Glenn Dorsey although I am sure that competition for the 6th pick will be STEEP in that scenario.

I dont think it'll matter at all. The key, I believe, is the Ravens and most of all, the Bengals. If we can move up, ahead of Cinci, I thnk we'll be able to grab Ellis. I think Dorsey will be go somewhere in the top 4.

Well, let's think about.

Taking this weeks "strong" rumors at face value . . .

#1 Miami - Jake Long
#2 St. Louis - ?
#3 Atlanta - Matt Ryan
#4 Oakland - Vernon Gholston

St. Louis would be likely to go Chris Long in that instance, which puts Dorsey and Ellis in the 5 - 7 range where we could "comfortably" (with a 1st and a 2nd or there-abouts) move up.

If that's what we want to do.

We can only hope! So lets keep it up:

#5 KC Clady? (doubt it, but one can dream)
#6 Dallas - Mcfadden
#7 NE - McKelvin or DRC?
#8 Balt - Harvey or McKelvin or DRC? I say Brohm! if they are smart.
#9 and 10 either DT is fine with me!

I still think we trade with Jets or NE and take Dorsey if those rumors above are true. and Ellis if they aint.

I also think J long agent talks are only for leverage w/ C long.

And as much as you would think the Bengals have more leverage to trade to the spot to get a DT (since they pick 9 not 10), I think we have a better chance A we are NFC B Bengals coahing staff are cocky morons...and prob think they will land there guy at 9! and we'll creep up and snag a DT from them...but i still hope we both get one...just hope more we get Dorsey.

But the more I type and think...I think now the Dallas trade would hurt us! Think about it. If they trade with the Jets, then we cant! If they dont trade with the Jets (or us), they take Mcfadden anyway and its all the same.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom