Article PFT Taysom Hill article. (Talking about wanting to be here) (1 Viewer)

SigFreudianSlip

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score

football

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
A little lost in translation in the news he is coming back. I am wondering is there a verbal agreement between the front office and Drew regarding contract talk? I know he say he coming back for another ride, but is there a deal already in place behind close door? Got me wondering about that now.

Saint Kamara

Formerly SaintSproles and SaintReggie
Reaction score
A little lost in translation in the news he is coming back. I am wondering is there a verbal agreement between the front office and Drew regarding contract talk? I know he say he coming back for another ride, but is there a deal already in place behind close door? Got me wondering about that now.
It's well understood that a deal will get done, just like 2 years ago.

Saint Kamara

Formerly SaintSproles and SaintReggie
Reaction score

Already thought he’d be back, now I’m sure.
Somebody would have to covet Hill as a starting QB to give up a 1st round pick as compensation for signing him. And I can't see any of the other 31 teams buying into that narrative.

PAPACHUCK

WhoDat4Sure
Reaction score
That means Taysom will have another year to sharpen his QB skills with Drew and Sean. I hope to see more reps in the regular season at QB for Taysom; for his growth, and for Drew's health. I can't wait to see Taysom in preseason, being able to play with the 1's like Teddy got to last preseason. That hopefully will show his doubters that he actually can become our #1 QB.

Yatman

threadkiller
Reaction score
serious assumptions in that article, like "Hill won't start in 2020". doubt even TH thought that a possibility.

also the bit about starting for another team. which team? who's really desperate enough to start an unproven multitool at QB? i honestly can't think of one that'd take the gamble...

btw, i like TH a lot and am enthused for him to stay.

jasonsw

VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Taysom knows his best chance at success lies with the Saints. Sean Payton knows how to get the best out of him. Taysom knows with N.O it's his best chance at a big payday down the line.

NeverGiveUP2

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
That means Taysom will have another year to sharpen his QB skills with Drew and Sean. I hope to see more reps in the regular season at QB for Taysom; for his growth, and for Drew's health. I can't wait to see Taysom in preseason, being able to play with the 1's like Teddy got to last preseason. That hopefully will show his doubters that he actually can become our #1 QB.
This is the ideal scenario as a Saint fan. I believe Taysom can be all that Sean visions him to be. I don’t think he is ready to step into another team and be what HE wants to be. Yet. Another year. More QB snaps. In the room with the GOAT. Taysom take the long view and your career can be everything you want it to be

Saint Lattimore

Hall of Shamer
Reaction score
It was never a doubt, no matter what the media peddles... I don’t know what his role will look like with the Saints in 2020, but he’ll be a Saint.

I wouldn’t even be shocked if the Saints match an offer sheet (after they put a 1st round tender on him). He’s a special player.

rob22278

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
FWIW, Hill bought a house in New Orleans a month ago. He lives a few streets over from me.
Does this mean he’s definitely staying? No, but I take it as a good sign.

Saint Lattimore

Hall of Shamer
Reaction score
I envision next season the Saints use Taysom in this manner... Hill goes out as QB on 1st down for a few series a game.. if he gets the offense rolling, or keeps getting it to 3rd and short and converting, he stays out there..

...if the 1st down play gets blown up, Brees comes back in.

PAPACHUCK

WhoDat4Sure
Reaction score
I could envision a scenario where SP feels Taysom's skill set is better suited to go against a particular defense then have Taysom start that game, same with Drew. Or if the other defense is playing up to the line against Drew, put Taysom in, throw some deep balls and make them back off. If the other defense has a weak secondary that Drew could carve up, keep him in. Get the best out of each QB.

No2DC

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I could envision a scenario where SP feels Taysom's skill set is better suited to go against a particular defense then have Taysom start that game, same with Drew. Or if the other defense is playing up to the line against Drew, put Taysom in, throw some deep balls and make them back off. If the other defense has a weak secondary that Drew could carve up, keep him in. Get the best out of each QB.
Did you say Taysom start in place of Drew? Not happening

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom