PFT - The reason Mare was cut not as reported (1 Viewer)

he was just starting to come on when he got hurt.

his onside kicks were perfect too!

I'd still rather have Grammatica

Why do some of you bash folks for failing to take a pay cut? Would you guys take a paycut? No - didn't think so. FWIW he was a hell of an onside kicker.

Why do some of you bash folks for failing to take a pay cut? Would you guys take a paycut? No - didn't think so. FWIW he was a hell of an onside kicker.

Are you asking 'folks' to put themselves in Mare's shoes? Or are you drawing a comparison that has no parallel?

YES, I'd take a pay cut to still have a job.

Guess he'll be selling his million dollar home on the northshore

In 2008, Gramatica = David Browndyke = Luis Zendejas = Tony Franklin = Garo Yepremian = Rafael Septien = Florian Kempf = Scott Norwood = George Blanda

Any of them would stand an equal chance of beating the others out.
+1 and very funny. I totally agree on this. Erratica Gramatica is more of a dancer than kicker (or was that his brother?). The Saints have always had decent kickers now we have gone down market

If it was obvious that I was failing at my job and taking a paycut was the only thing to keep me from getting fired? Yes.

If it was obvious that I was failing at my job and taking a paycut was the only thing to keep me from getting fired? Yes.

Not only that, but if it was all but guaranteed that I wouldn't get another job in the near future much less sniff the amount of money I was making previously, yes...I would definitely take the cut.

What is the point of say he failed his physical? What is wrong with saying he didn't want to restructure his contract?

I am wondering that, too. There doesn't seem to be any good reason to lie about this.

I am wondering that, too. There doesn't seem to be any good reason to lie about this.

Mickey Loomis is pretty tight-lipped about people's salaries and contract negotiations. I can't count the number of times I have heard him say that he likes to keep negotiations private in regards to coaches and players when asked about them by the media.

What is the point of say he failed his physical? What is wrong with saying he didn't want to restructure his contract?

Just speculation on my part - but, I would assume that the Saints saying that a player was released because he wasn't up to team specifications looks better to potential free agent signees than "we like to restructure contracts downward if players aren't living up to our expectations."

Just speculation, but it makes sense to me

But now we are back to square one with Gramatica, who can't do deep kickoffs. It would be nice if we got a punter who could do both, punts and kickoffs. I love what Gramatica did for us in the end of season, he didn't miss one and made a 50 yarder.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom