PFT - The reason Mare was cut not as reported (1 Viewer)

What is the point of say he failed his physical? What is wrong with saying he didn't want to restructure his contract?

Look from Mare's perspective: who is going to give an injured, inconsistent kicker a shot at a job?

There are always two sides to every story... I have no doubt the Saints approached him asking him to renegotiate his contract, and he refused, so the Saints failed him on his physical so they could release him.

Who does he think he is? It'll be funny when no one signs him.

He'll sign somewhere, but he needs to get his head back in the game if he's going to make the final roster on any team. He's obviously got something going on...

I wish him well, his inconsistency hurt us last year, but I know it wasn't for trying.

Since he's no longer a Saint I will say that he contributed almost nothing for the 6th rd pk we gave up to require him. As someone else mentioned his only contribution was his nice onside kicks. More money for cap room...

But now we are back to square one with Gramatica, who can't do deep kickoffs. It would be nice if we got a punter who could do both, punts and kickoffs. I love what Gramatica did for us in the end of season, he didn't miss one and made a 50 yarder.

I think Gramatica did fine on kickoffs. As deep as Mare? No, but it was much better than Carney. I'll take an average kickoff with a consistent field goal kicker that can make 50+ yarders.

Mickey Loomis is pretty tight-lipped about people's salaries and contract negotiations. I can't count the number of times I have heard him say that he likes to keep negotiations private in regards to coaches and players when asked about them by the media.

Didn't Loomis just say on the radio yesterday that Faine is unlikely to get re-signed because of his salary demands, or something to that effect?

This isn't directed at you, they're probably really are trying to mask what's really going on. But these kind of things get found out soon enough. It just seems that the Saints would have been better off just cutting Mare without any comment at all if it was over money :shrug:

Didn't Loomis just say on the radio yesterday that Faine is unlikely to get re-signed because of his salary demands, or something to that effect?

This isn't directed at you, they're probably really are trying to mask what's really going on. But these kind of things get found out soon enough. It just seems that the Saints would have been better off just cutting Mare without any comment at all if it was over money :shrug:

Actually all he said simply was that he would not be re-signed. The speculation about his salary demands came from rotoworld sources.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom