PFW: Haslett real problem (saints history) (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Nothing ground breaking but I love to always hear stuff about the Saints behind the scenes. I'm a history guy so learning about some of the old issues is cool to me and thought it might be to others

Great shout-out to Glover!!

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2010/09/13/hasletts-history-signals-end-for-haynesworth

"Look at (Haslett's) tenure in New Orleans," one NFL executive said under the cloak of anonymity. "He ran off eight Pro Bowlers when he was there. Willie Roaf, Kyle Turley, Ricky Williams, Sammy Knight, LaRoi Glover, Joe Johnson, Chris Naeole and Mark Fields. In three years, eight Pro Bowlers were all gone. You cannot replace that type of production.

Yeah, that's some pretty revisionist history right there. Some left as free agents and Ricky Williams? I'll take Deuce and 2 1st round picks thank you very much.

Nothing ground breaking but I love to always hear stuff about the Saints behind the scenes. I'm a history guy so learning about some of the old issues is cool to me and thought it might be to others

Great shout-out to Glover!!

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2010/09/13/hasletts-history-signals-end-for-haynesworth

"Look at (Haslett's) tenure in New Orleans," one NFL executive said under the cloak of anonymity. "He ran off eight Pro Bowlers when he was there. Willie Roaf, Kyle Turley, Ricky Williams, Sammy Knight, LaRoi Glover, Joe Johnson, Chris Naeole and Mark Fields. In three years, eight Pro Bowlers were all gone. You cannot replace that type of production.

Haslett was a pigheaded imbecile. Nothing will ever surpass his unswerving devotion to Aaron Brooks.

I'll stick my neck out and thank Haslett for taking Ditka's crap team and turning it into a playoff game winner.

Haslett was a pigheaded imbecile. Nothing will ever surpass his unswerving devotion to Aaron Brooks.

I don't know. Ditka's all in draft for Ricky Williams and Russell Erxleben are two right off the top of my head that surpass not playing Delhomme.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom