PFW: Saints gearing for BPA? (1 Viewer)

Saints382

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
'* A New Orleans source observed that the Saints left no glaring holes on their roster by locking up many of their own free agents on offense while adding CB Randall Gay, MLB Jonathan Vilma and DE Bobby McCray to the defense. While cornerback and defensive tackle remain high priorities for the team, we hear it will employ a “take the best player available” approach with the 10th overall pick and could be primed to surprise some with its selection.'

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/The+Way+We+Hear+It/Whispers/2008/whispers031508.htm

Is this speculation as well? I hope so because if Payton has a say in who is BPA, then we should welcome Desean Jackson to the team right now.

'* A New Orleans source observed that the Saints left no glaring holes on their roster by locking up many of their own free agents on offense while adding CB Randall Gay, MLB Jonathan Vilma and DE Bobby McCray to the defense. While cornerback and defensive tackle remain high priorities for the team, we hear it will employ a “take the best player available” approach with the 10th overall pick and could be primed to surprise some with its selection.'

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/The+Way+We+Hear+It/Whispers/2008/whispers031508.htm

I agree, even though I know this place will explode if an offensive player is taken. I've more than come to terms with that possibility.

BPA is such a vague concept.

If Matt Ryan is on the board at 10 and he's the top rated player on our board do you think we take him?

Maybe we select BPA at D and OL

The Saints try be in this position every year if you think about it. There is no better way to go into the draft than being able to pick BPA.

im really thinking we will go O. line to open up the running lanes for reggie..... if whe do that 2 or 3 maybe even both will be def. for lb. and cb.

BPA is such a vague concept.

If Matt Ryan is on the board at 10 and he's the top rated player on our board do you think we take him?

Maybe we select BPA at D and OL

I don't think we would take Ryan. Just for a number of reasons and the money he would get at #10.

If we go D: If the 1 of the 2 DT's aren't there, then I think we could Keith Rivers or maybe even a CB.

If we go O: I don't think there is a WR that's worth that high, except maybe Malcolm Kelly but we have Colston/Patten and now are ready for Meachem to step up.

Though I really think OL is a possibility. Clady, IMO will not be there at #10. Then there is Chris Williams (LT, Vanderbilt) who is rising draft boards and is pretty good.

But Branden Albert (G, Virginia), is really tempting...he is the only G rated in the 1st round, and has been turning heads as of late and rising (who also has the talent to play Tackle as well)...teaming him up with Jahri and pushing Nesbit to be the utility man, would be great.

Is this speculation as well? I hope so because if Payton has a say in who is BPA, then we should welcome Desean Jackson to the team right now.

Desean Jackson might not go in the 1st round, much less at 10. He is nowhere near BPA.

Desean Jackson might not go in the 1st round, much less at 10. He is nowhere near BPA.

No way he makes it past the eagles in the 1st IMO and if he does hell be gone at the bucs

No way he makes it past the eagles in the 1st IMO and if he does hell be gone at the bucs

Late teens, early 20's is about right for him. Him measuring in at the combine shorter then everyone thought could hurt him. He was supposed to be north of 6 feet and instead weighed in for the combine at 5'9" 169.

Late teens, early 20's is about right for him. Him measuring in at the combine shorter then everyone thought could hurt him. He was supposed to be north of 6 feet and instead weighed in for the combine at 5'9" 169.
But he trained with Jerry Rice he has to be BPA at 10!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom