PFW: Saints gearing for BPA? (1 Viewer)

if we go offense i will lose my damn mind. if dorsey or ellis isnt there, look at rivers or trade down. I dont think there is a CB in this draft woth 10, but i would rather reach than go offense at this point. BUILD US A DAMN DEFENSE PLEASE!!!

defense, run the ball, and PA Pass. its the quickest path to the SB...

We really don't know where SP and Loomis have on top of the board. They might feel as though DRC is a steal or maybe Mendenhall

I would not mind Clady at all at 10.....thats how the Eagles made their run for like 5-7 years....they drafted O-Line and D-Line

I'll guess Clady is the 1st tackle off the boards, and Jake Long will fall to high singles. Any takers on him being the pick if available? I think the best value in the draft is at OT and DE/LB (the rush linebackers). Neither of those positions is of great need to the Saints, but I can still see them picking either. If that is the BPA at 10, I would prefer the Saints trade down and recoup their 4th rounder or better. I wonder if Ryan is rated that highly by the FO to be in their top 10. I doubt it.

Can anybody see Jerome Simpson as one of their mid-round picks? A Colston clone ...

if we go offense i will lose my damn mind. if dorsey or ellis isnt there, look at rivers or trade down. I dont think there is a CB in this draft woth 10, but i would rather reach than go offense at this point. BUILD US A DAMN DEFENSE PLEASE!!!

defense, run the ball, and PA Pass. its the quickest path to the SB...

Be prepared.....(sorry but I'm really about to rain on your parade)...since Payton's been HC the Saints have had 15 draft picks and spent a grand total of 6 on Defense. The highest defensive pick was a second with majority being fourth round or lower. There's little wonder the D's suffered. If the trend continues they'll spend about 3 picks (3 of 8 in '06, 3 of 7 in '07) on D.......

Last edited:
Be prepared.....(sorry but I'm really about to rain on your parade)...since Payton's been HC the Saints have had 15 draft picks and spent a grand total of 6 on Defense. The highest defensive pick was a second with majority being fourth round or lower. There's little wonder the D's suffered. If the trend continues they'll spend about 3 picks (3 of 8 in '06, 3 of 7 in '07) on D.......

If this trend described above will continue, the Saints will assure themselves another mediocre season. It is the trend which screams for better defense, especially that 2 of the last SB winners won with their defensive output. And in the last SB, the defense stopped the best offense in the league!

In all fairness we did plug some holes, but there are still some holes left unplugged on the defensive side....the DT, and the FS position. And I'm optimistic that MMK will be back by TC, otherwise the CB position is another need....

We'll go BPA. Nothing else to it. Its probably going to be a D player or an OT. Either way we should get top value for the pick with the player we select. A bruising OT to replace the stinch would help this team out alot. I doubt its a RB, QB, or WR, so don't worry so much. Its very likely we'll get what we want.

Out of curiosity, how many free agent acquisitions were on the defensive side of the ball? Hollis Thomas, Fujita, Shanle, Clancy, Simineau, Cooper, Wynn, Davis, Simmons, KK, now Vilma, Gay, McCray, Morgan...I don't know that it's fair to say that Payton ignores the defense. It just appears he prefers to address it through free agency going into this draft.

All this trade down talk is fine....but you have to have someone call YOU in order to have a partner to trade down with. If the Saints called someone (Say Cowboys) do you actually think they would give us a fair market trade? They would know we want to trade out, therefore they may offer us something like #22 pick and a 3rd Rd pick....they have to want to move up to ten. You cant just move down.

We'll go BPA. Nothing else to it. Its probably going to be a D player or an OT. Either way we should get top value for the pick with the player we select. A bruising OT to replace the stinch would help this team out alot. I doubt its a RB, QB, or WR, so don't worry so much. Its very likely we'll get what we want.

BPA makes only sense if the player selected STARTS in his rookie season. When you have a draft like the Saints had last year, and your best draft pick was an undrafted rookie who didn't start untill week 17, then all this BPA talk means NOTHING! Our 1st rounder didn't even got dressed up for any game!

Contrast that with the Giants last year, who drafted 7 players, and ALL OF THEM contributed to the team. The results were quite different.

Personally, I am hoping that Sedrick Ellis somehow falls to #10, but I don't think it will happen. If not, I say go with either Leodis McKelvin or Mike Jenkins. Honestly though, I will just be happy if they just get the bpa on defense. It would be awesome if we just had an average defense.

BPA makes only sense if the player selected STARTS in his rookie season. When you have a draft like the Saints had last year, and your best draft pick was an undrafted rookie who didn't start untill week 17, then all this BPA talk means NOTHING! Our 1st rounder didn't even got dressed up for any game!

Contrast that with the Giants last year, who drafted 7 players, and ALL OF THEM contributed to the team. The results were quite different.

Is that some new rule? Maybe you should call Loomis and let him know. Players last more then one season.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom