PFW: Saints to concentrate on signing Dan Morgan (1 Viewer)

MLB Needed: Must be, oft injured- best if concussion or blown out knee related, another team is not looking for your services, and i suppose being old is good too.....

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/The+Way+We+Hear+It/Whispers/2008/whispers022308.htm

The Saints will shift their attention to striking a deal with recently released Panthers MLB Dan Morgan, now that Zach Thomas, who had received an offer from New Orleans, has signed with the Cowboys. Morgan has battled concussions and most recently a partially torn Achilles tendon, but if healthy, he would be a major upgrade over the squad's 2007 middle linebacker, Mark Simoneau, who will become an unrestricted free agent Feb. 29.

You really can't believe any of these web sites because there information is not always accurate.

I think in general your right but with everyone located in Indy at the moment, there is tons of useful info swelling in the ole Dome. Not everything is accurate but I must admit that for the most part things have been on par.

AL WILSON has got to be a better option at MLB if we're considering Dan Morgan at this point. It's crazy to me that they haven't even talked to him at ALL at this point about at least a workout. :dunno:

I'm wondering that myself. He was just cleared a few weeks ago to resume full activities and should be fully healthy now. He wouldn't be overpriced or old as dirt either.

AL WILSON has got to be a better option at MLB if we're considering Dan Morgan at this point. It's crazy to me that they haven't even talked to him at ALL at this point about at least a workout. :dunno:

just curious....how do you know they didn't call him and he said he was not interested in playing in new orleans???

just curious....how do you know they didn't call him and he said he was not interested in playing in new orleans???

Exactly!!!!!

People forget that we were really bad last year and we may have scared some folks off. We got a ton of money, but you gotta have something to spend it on.

Good point, man........

But it seems in the media these days if there's ANY interest at ALL between a player and a team, that some kind of blurb is mentioned on some website.

I guess I'm still just puzzled that our MLB situation hasn't been successfully resolved over the past 8 or 9 years(or even MORE?). :covri:

All of those drafts and FA periods year after year, and for some reason, our FO and fans KNOW we need a legitimate MLB, but then they go another direction with their focus and $$.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom