PGA Championship golf tournament (1 Viewer)

Just realized yesterday morning that my friend is actually in the tournament! He won the teaching pros tournament to qualify for the Major, which is pretty darn cool. Obviously had no chance of winning, but it was fun that he got to play(Nic Ishee)!
Wow, cool!

@Dan in Lafayette , my husband -- you know, the big golf fan -- was SURE that the PGA was being played in New York at Bethpage. Even though he had been watching the end of today's broadcast and saw this image they kept showing:

1653098063757.png
I believe Mickelson's win last year was at Bethpage.

Phil Mickelson won the PGA Championship last year at Kiawah Island, South Carolina.

Bethpage Black in Farmingdale, New York was the site of the PGA Championship in May of 2019.
Okay. So this is confirmation that my husband is crazy. I can count all of you as witnesses to that, amirite?

Some good golfers for sure. But CBS will be happy to have guys like Spieth, McIlroy, & Rahm. Of course of all the possible cut-makers, none wound make the networks happier than if Tiger can hang on to play the weekend.

Even when he isn't in serious contention, viewership practically doubles when he's in the field. Tiger doesn't just 'move' the needle. For many folks he 'is' the needle... even though it's unlikely he'll be a real threat to win for the rest of his career.
Tiger is the reason i have been watching or looking at updates on my phone so put me in “he is the needle” crowd

While I believe Jack’s majors record is safe, I really would love to see him break Sam Snead’s record of 82 tour victories. Thought remaining tied would be acceptable to Tiger, I truly believe he wants that one all by himself.

Yes, it’s possible. But not very likely. 😢
Tiger said the following himself. What's amazing about Nicklaus is his 2nd place finishes in majors. He had 19 during
his career. Tiger has 6. It meant Nicklaus put himself in position to win on Sunday.

As Tiger plays his final hole in Round 3 he is probably wondering why he worked so hard to make the cut yesterday. It's very likely that he will be teeing off first on Sunday morning and he only has pride to motivate him.

But today has been (and will be) super tough for every player today. Webb Simpson's 5-under today will probably be the exception rather than the rule. It's very possible that we could see less than a dozen players in red numbers by day's end. Today the course is playing like a true major championship tournament.

We'll see.

Golf, LSU baseball, and 2nd leg of Triple Crown today. Whew.

I had a feeling that Tiger was going to withdraw from the tournament.
Collapsing during Round 4 just isn't his cup of 'tee'.

Last edited:
I had a feeling that Tiger was going to withdraw from the tournament.
Collapsing during Round 4 just isn't his cup of tee.
Oh, so he withdrew? I hadn't heard that yet.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom