PGA Championship golf tournament (1 Viewer)

Great approach by Thomas. He will only need two putts unless Will pulls off an amazing putt for birdie.

Impressive JT. 3 birdie playoff. No shame WZ. You played great. Second place in last year's Mastsers and 2nd in a playoff today. You're going places.

Last edited:
He's got to be numb. The last hole just ate him up.
Shades of Jean Van De Velde in the 99 British open. All he needed on the 18th hole was a double bogey to win.
He decided to attack the stick . He wound up with a triple bogey and lost in the playoff. It was painful to watch
what was happening. All he had to do was lay up on his 2nd shot and the trophy was his.

Shades of Jean Van De Velde in the 99 British open. All he needed on the 18th hole was a double bogey to win.
He decided to attack the stick . He wound up with a triple bogey and lost in the playoff. It was painful to watch
what was happening. All he had to do was lay up on his 2nd shot and the trophy was his.
I remember that Open Championship at Carnoustie very well.
It was like watching a train wreck or an airplane crash in slow motion. Even the announcers were begging for him to stop the madness!
I'm sure that even the eventual winner, Paul Lawrie, has trouble believing what happened on that 72nd hole.

It was like watching a train wreck or an airplane crash in slow motion. Even the announcers were begging for him to stop the madness!
I'm sure that even the eventual winner, Paul Lawrie, has trouble believing what happened on that 72nd hole.
I can't remember the announcer who said this. When Van De Velde chose a driver for his tee shot, the announcer said
he's playing this hole like he needs a birdy to win. That was a bad decision. The worst was his 2nd shot. He should have chipped out to the fairway and had a short iron to the green. He would have made bogey and possibly par. Once again
it was painful to watch. It was one of the rare times I've ever felt bad for a pro athlete

Yeah, that's what my husband said. I said, hey, if a dude's not taking off his clothes and going barefoot in the crick, it's not quite Van de Veldean. It is Tin Cup-ian though.

It's my most favoritest British Open evah!!!!

As a golfer who has (often) compounded his mistakes during a round, I find it hard to be entertained by someone else’s ‘crash & burn’ experience. While the collapse made for a lot of drama in that televised sporting event, I must say that I cannot consider that Open tournament my favorite simply because I can relate so well to that ‘train wreck’ of a finish. :covri:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom