Philadelphia Teenagers loot Store. (1 Viewer)

Antagonizing each other with accusations of bigotry and racism over the posting of a news item turns everything into a smack board.
We have a smack board. It's called Behind the Levee.
The accusing innuendo and personal attacks on the OP that began on the first page of this thread belong there, not here on the EE Board.

Come on...let’s get real: It wasn’t a thing until the whole Kaepernick/flag line came into play. The only connection there is that Kaepernick is black and so are these kids. That was what was ‘knee jerk’.

Are we really gonna lash out at the respondents to a post when such a connection is made?

And it's getting to the point that I am about ready to stop posting here as well.
If social media is giving you more angst than enjoyment, it might just be time to unplug. I'm not being snide. I know very few people who regret unplugging.

Here's how I view it.

God - If one has to have a god tell them how to be a good person, then they're not really a good person. They're just subservient followers who will do whatever the people they think speak for god tells them that god wants them to do.

Country - We may be born here, but we get to choose our country, it doesn't get to choose us. We all are responsible for making sure the country is true to everyone by making it work equally for everyone.

Self - There is no self without others. To harm others is to harm self. To deny others is to deny self. To oppress others is to oppress self. To hate others comes from hating self. The tragic truth of the world is that all of us do love others as we love ourselves. How we see others is a reflection of how we see ourselves. The only way to fix the problems we see in the world, starts first with fixing the problems we ignore in ourselves.

Great post, this is exactly how I view things also...particularly the God part....

July 4th, 2019

July 28, 2013. No one ran to make a thread about this one that I found. Did you bring this one up?

They have done this a couple other times on a few July 4ths as well. Did you know this? You seem to have your ear to the streets on these things.

It happened on the July 4th.. Independent day they did it. And all the talk we had from people Like First Time Poster as to why he did not view the 4th with the Same enthusiasm as others did. And it did Happen right after the Betsy Ross flag deal...So it just seemed to reason. I was gonna make a comment that this was more of a Halloween stunt.

I struggled with how to start the thread, I knew it was gonna cause a stir.. So I deleted the 4th of July Connections off, posted the video as is to speak for itself and kind of let the chips fall and the discussion go from there.

What gets me is why the thread wasn't started by someone else. I waited a few days to see if someone would. Cause I knew If I did, the reaction that I would get. And I wasn't wrong.
Why would you struggle to start the thread?

Good lord another MAGA crybaby thread from Joe. Really, doesn’t it get tiring? Look we get it. You’ve made your views very clear about Trump, the flag, heck anything not lockstep Trump. But dude does it have to be every post? I mean do a search. Every post is always shaded by the whole MAGA/Trump being pick on and how everyone is so unfair to them.

Good lord another MAGA crybaby thread from Joe. Really, doesn’t it get tiring? Look we get it. You’ve made your views very clear about Trump, the flag, heck anything not lockstep Trump. But dude does it have to be every post? I mean do a search. Every post is always shaded by the whole MAGA/Trump being pick on and how everyone is so unfair to them.

For the record, this was an old thread that I bumped after seeing an article about the incident and the guy with the prosthetic leg. I think we need to be equitable when pointing out the thuggery of today's youth and I remembered this thread.

Ok. I was confused. I’m like if CCS is saying that seriously it’s about time for me to leave as that means even the rational ones are starting to lose it here.

I thought me laughing at the guy with the prosthetic leg getting caught was obvious that I thought the whole thing was just silly. But I mean if black kids stealing Cheetos causes outrage, so should a bunch of white kids rushing the fence hopping over to get into a concert for free. (for the record, neither event has been able to tap into my rage for some reason).

I thought me laughing at the guy with the prosthetic leg getting caught was obvious that I thought the whole thing was just silly. But I mean if black kids stealing Cheetos causes outrage, so should a bunch of white kids rushing the fence hopping over to get into a concert for free. (for the record, neither event has been able to tap into my rage for some reason).

Whew. Never stolen Cheetos, but I can’t say I haven’t done the other.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom