Philly bound! (1 Viewer)

I spent a summer on Rittenhouse Square and it was beautiful. I'm a big fan of Philly, actually. you just need to know where NOT to go.

no need to bash another city for its crappy neighborhoods. glass houses and all that. both cities have a lot of unique character and historic charm. there's far too many boring, unoriginal cities in this country to put down Philadelphia. just my .02

as for the fans, i've never experienced worse than Jets fans, but i'm guessing eagles are right up there. that said, I would NEVER even CONSIDER not wearing black and gold to the game. in my mind that's just pansy.

Good luck.
There is truth mixed with exaggeration in just about any story. But All these stories didnt just appear out of thin air. Take it for what it's worth...

http://saintsreport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122493&highlight=iggles

BTW, to the female eagle fan who has been posting on this thread... You might be a nice lady and all... but I sure wouldnt wouldnt want my mother talking like that. :jpshakehead:

Oakland seems like more of a show ...
Search for stories about actual stabbings and shootings with fans :)

As far as the city, I don't know lots of cities can get scary, and away from Bezerkley and the like Oakland can get as bad as it gets. I'm sure NO, Philly, Detroit, and St. Louis can all say the same.

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2007/10/23/shooting-in-parking-lot-following-raider-game/

One of the worst recent incidents of fan-on-fan violence in the Southland occurred during a 1990 game at the Coliseum, when a fan of the visiting Pittsburgh Steelers was beaten into a coma by a Raider fan.
Fans of the Raiders and San Diego Chargers also have gone over the line. In 1996, a Raider fan bit off part of a Charger fan's ear in a San Diego bar. In 1999, a Charger fan was stabbed by a Raider fan during a game at San Diego, an incident that was caught on videotape.
http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/latimes/access/408522741.html?dids=408522741:408522741&FMT=ABS&FMTS=ABS:FT&type=current&date=Sep+21%2C+2003&author=Elliott+Teaford&pub=Los+Angeles+Times&desc=Fan+Violence+Isn%27t+Seen+as+Common%3B+Disputes+that+result+in+serious+injuries+are+the+exception+rather+than+the+rule+when+rival+supporters+get+together.&pqatl=google

<object height="265" width="320"> So YMMV, but biting ears off, beating into a coma, stabbing, and post-game shootouts are a bit worse than drunken yelling by Eagles, in my book.

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/auzzqw7UVAY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="265" width="320"></object>

Last edited:
<table class="articlehead"><tbody><tr><td valign="top" width="85px">
GetPubLogo.aspx

</td> <td> Article: Raiders fan stabbed in stands

<dl class="byline"><dt class="first">Article from:</dt><dd>Oakland Tribune </dd><dt>Article date:</dt><dd>October 4, 2005</dd><dt>Author:</dt><dd id="ctl00_ph_ctl00_ArticleMain_authorspot"><script language="javascript" type="text/javascript"><!-- document.write(', FROM STAFF REPORTS'); //--></script>, FROM STAFF REPORTS</dd><nobr>Copyright</nobr>Copyright 2005 Oakland Tribune. Provided by ProQuest LLC. <nobr>(Hide copyright information)</nobr></dl> </td> </tr> </tbody></table> <script> </script> <!-- /* * The JavaScript returned from the following page uses * the parameter values assigned above to populate an array * of ad objects. Once that array has been populated, * the JavaScript will call the google_ad_request_done * function to display the ads. */ --> <script type="text/javascript" language="JavaScript" src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js"></script> OAKLAND -- One fan was stabbed during Sunday's Raiders game, another was cited for shooting off fireworks afterward and more than 30 were arrested mostly for public intoxication, law enforcement officials say.
Despite those incidents, Lt. Dave Kozicki said Monday "there were really very few problems" considering the game against the Dallas Cowboys was a sellout with more than 62,000 people attending.
Kozicki said: "We do aggressive law enforcement out there. It's a safer place than when the Raiders first came back (to Oakland). It's due to the cooperation between OPD and management of the Coliseum and the Alameda County sheriff's office."
The stabbing, which happened just before halftime ...

From 2005, I love that stabbing is among "relatively few problems". Some games are worse.

I'm born and raised in the Philly area, and a huge Saints fan. So let me give you some advice. when walking through the parking lot where a neutral jacket to cover up your Saints gear. If you don't someone will definitely try to start something with you. Once you're in your seat you are probably safe to take the jacket off. The people sitting around you know they have to behave(for the most part), or they'll get tossed. Try to keep the celebrating at a minimum, especially if we're winning. Do not leave your seat to go to the bathroom, or get something to eat without the jacket. These places are the worst areas to be in enemy territory. I wish I could be there, but I just don't feel like spending all that money to have a miserable time, win or lose. Good luck!

OK Just to let everyone know I made it in and out walked through the Tailgate... (we were wide open and having a blast) the Fans in Philly were outstanding of course we got heckled, That's what is expected... but we had a lot of fun with it. I figured this whole thing was way overblown even the meanest people we encountered became our best friends... and came drinking with us after the game.

the moral of the story is Hang 48 points on a team and even the most obnoxious people humbly shut up...
I have to tell you it was the best time I've ever had at a game at the end of the day I was yelling at the top of my lungs arguing with a group of about 35 Bitter guys telling them that they have a great team and how I am looking forward to seeing them in the playoffs.... they would have none of it and decided they just stunk.:covermyeyes:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom