Philly might sign Stallworth afterall........ (1 Viewer)

WeatherNLU

Very Banned
Reaction score
Might get that third rounder......first game back, 84 yard TD.

He still can't stay on the field, but why couldn't he play like that for us when he was.

He played pretty much the same way when he was here in New Orleans. I don't think you can say that he has played better for Philly. He is still exactly the same player who can explode on you one game, and then disapear completely the next week. Like you said, he still has problems staying on the field too.

I wouldn't count any chickens (another terry bradshaw) till the rooster comes home and kicks the mule out of the barn. I doubt Philly will really look at signing him before January.

This means Stallworth will have about 30 recieving yards next week.

He still hasn't knocked off that "Inconsistent/Injury Prone" label.

I honestly think Devery is a better player. Stallworth is way too soft.

Devery, who missed a month of football with a bruised shoulder? Tough? They are practicall the same guy. One just shows up for meetings.

Devery, who missed a month of football with a bruised shoulder? Tough? They are practicall the same guy. One just shows up for meetings.

I didn't say Devery was "tough". I just think that he's more of a gamer than Stallworth is. Stallworth is afraid to take a hit, and Devery is a former RB.

Because Aaron Brooks was the QB. All of Stallworths problems were not ABs fault, but still.

Stop the madness. Horn did pretty well with AB, but he's a better catcher. He also knows his routes. Rabid haters make that type of comment.

i think we have our 3rd. they like him and they don't know yet that his hamstring injury will keep recurring...and recurring...and recurring... and recurring....

I pray that Devery and Drew are still in tune on those two long balls for TD's last week. How do the Saints stand as far as draft choices are concerned?

devery is chock full of potential...the saints organization gave him ample time to prove his worth but he was inconsistent at catching and frequently injured. I like the trade, especially if a 3rd is aquired, and hope that devery can step up on a regular basis.

The shortcomings of the saints organization during the Brooks era is more on the hands of the coaching staff and front office than AB himself.

Stop the madness. Horn did pretty well with AB, but he's a better catcher. He also knows his routes. Rabid haters make that type of comment.

No hate here... but AB, I believe, never has had the touch that McNab has. Still, the offense was jerked this way and that way and AB was jerked around with it. Stallworth stays healthy and all else being equal then I think he does better with McNabb passing than he would with AB passing. Fair assessment?

Donte isn't a Saint anymore, all i care about is him getting us our Pick for Eagles taking him, im glad he's doing good enough to get signed next year for us to get our pick, Go stallworth!! But im rooting for Washington to finally Start Woopin up on the eagles team!

Donte isn't a Saint anymore, all i care about is him getting us our Pick for Eagles taking him, im glad he's doing good enough to get signed next year for us to get our pick, Go stallworth!! But im rooting for Washington to finally Start Woopin up on the eagles team!

Well... by extension he still is of great importance to this team via the 1st day pick obtained through contract extension OR second day pick if things go unchanged. I know many want to forget the things that have been some of the most debated things on this board ie. AB vs Jake etc. but those things don't just disappear. They are indelible. I hate not on AB but am still sick that Jake didn't get a shot to win 1 out of 3 of our final games to make the playoffs for example. that is part of the reason we have our success sure ( we ultimately are where we are as a result of those things) but we are also an afterthought throughout the league as a result too. That effect transcends the entire culture of the league from national broadcasts to attracting free agents. So I say let history be a part of our overall dialogue on this baord. If it's bothersome just turn away.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom