Philly writer on the Eagles Wildcat O - Bullseye! (1 Viewer)

gavinj

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/20090920_Phil_Sheridan__Not_wild_about_the_Wildcat.html

It must be a bummer to be a New Orleans Saints fan.

Sure, the Saints pounded the stuffing out of the Eagles today at Lincoln Financial Field to start the season with a 2-0 record. That's some consolation. But their fans don't get to savor the gee-whiz brilliance of Andy Reid's Wildcat package. They get boring old Sean Payton, who let Drew Brees take every snap, develop a rhythm and mixed in an effective running game. How can you impress the boys down at the Head Coaches Cigar Club and Old Boys Network that way?

While Reid and assistants Marty Mornhinweg, Rube Goldberg and Inspector Gadget were in the lab plotting wacky new alignments, Payton and his staff wasted time on blocking, tackling, running offensive plays without illegal-formation penalties and executing on special teams without penalties or turnovers........

.......After the game, a New Orleans reporter asked veteran safety Darren Sharper if he'd seen that many formations since his days in Pop Warner.

"That's what it reminded us of," Sharper said.

LMAO

Is that article real? If its serious, i hate them more than anything.

It's sarcastic. When he says "It must be a bummer to be a Saints fan" he actually means the opposite. Read the whole article.

It's sarcastic. When he says "It must be a bummer to be a Saints fan" he actually means the opposite. Read the whole article.

I thought that was the whole article. Thanks for your advice, I really appriciate you letting me know that! Hopefully I dont sound as sarcastic as that guy!! THANKS BUDDY!! :jpshakehead:

If he's a she, they'll fit right in with the Big Easy.

I thought it was funny that the announcers were calling "wildcat" while the Figgles were still in the huddle. Isn't the main impact of the wildcat supposed to be the element of surprise? :shrug:

Oh, and BTW, cue all of the posters who called for us to sign Vick and run the wildcat. Damn, Reggie would have 1,000 passing yards by the bye week...:sulkoff:

Sure, the Saints pounded the stuffing out of the Eagles today at Lincoln Financial Field to start the season with a 2-0 record. That's some consolation. But their fans don't get to savor the gee-whiz brilliance of Andy Reid's Wildcat package. They get boring old Sean Payton, who let Drew Brees take every snap, develop a rhythm and mixed in an effective running game. How can you impress the boys down at the Head Coaches Cigar Club and Old Boys Network that way?

Can we please sticky this so that every time there is a 'sign Vick' or similar type thread about how we should do the wild cat or some other ridiculous trick play, we can just direct them to this and they can see how silly it is to take the ball out of Brees' hands?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom