Phoenix Suns assistant Willie Green emerges as strong front-runner for New Orleans Pelicans head-coaching job, sources say (1 Viewer)

The extent of my excitement...

EA10Uns.gif

I just realized this is the same Willie Green who used to play for us. I'm even less excited now.

This has the opportunity to go really well or pretty badly real soon.
There is a lot of chatter about grif constantly meddling into coaching decisions during the season. If this is true, it doesn't matter who the coach is, its doomed to fail. I hope its not true but the word is that he was constantly meddling in the coaching last season.

I heard an interview with Van Gundy on Dan LeBetard's podcast and Stan said a big part of the problem is he didn't end up coaching the team he thought he was getting. He liked that there was a good mix of youth and veteran players but within a few months all the veterans were gone. Either they weren't resigned or were traded.

I heard an interview with Van Gundy on Dan LeBetard's podcast and Stan said a big part of the problem is he didn't end up coaching the team he thought he was getting. He liked that there was a good mix of youth and veteran players but within a few months all the veterans were gone. Either they weren't resigned or were traded.
Must have misinterpreted what he was saying or he was delusional. JJ and Melli traded at deadline (more than halfway through the season), but they were not playing anyway by then. Not sure how he would not know how young this team was.

Not buying that either. One of the worst decisions of last year was starting Bledsoe over NAW after a third of the year revealed that Bledsoe didn't give a damn. Since one example of Griffin's alleged meddling IS getting a new coach to play NAW as a starter, that means it was SVG who stood by Bledsoe all season

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom