Photography Hobby (1 Viewer)

Two pictures I took yesterday while trying out my new lens.

Attachments

• F-5.jpg
    F-5.jpg
    292.8 KB · Views: 1
  • F-8.jpg
    F-8.jpg
    278.6 KB · Views: 0
You mize well get you a new Canon 5D Mark III to go along with it ... :mwink:

I can't afford that Camera, but I'm possibly upgrading to a Canon 7D in a month or two. I've heard that would be a pretty good upgrade from a Canon Rebel T2i.

heres a quick shot of the new supernova in galaxy M95. its only 6 exposures of 5mins stacked, with no darks and a synthetic flat, so its noisy. my goal was to capture it, not print and hang on the wall, so im happy with it.

Attachments

• m95sn.jpg
    m95sn.jpg
    223.7 KB · Views: 5
Nice photos. What kind of set up do you use? If you don't mind saying.

Canon T1i and Tamron 18-270. I have a couple of other lenses but 90% of the time I stick with the Tamron.

I use PSE and Gimp for processing.

Since there is currently no photos of the month thread or something like that. I guess I will keep posting some pictures here.
Great shot! Did you use any kind of filter? Love the clouds.
Anyone own a Sigma brand lens or ever used one. If so, was it any good in terms of clarity, sharpness, and overall performance?
My experience with Sigma wasn't great but it was a very cheap zoom. In fact it so bad I used once and I don't even know where it is anymore.
I had a budget Sigma lens which was serviceable for the price point. Like any other lens maker the quality depends on the exact model. Which are you considering and what are your current lenses?

Canon lenses are generally best (ignoring specialty/antique) if you go cheap or expensive while Sigma, Tamron, and Tokina make some lenses worthy of consideration at mid-range price points. All three offer some good values, but you give up some resale value and quality control. Make sure to thoroughly investigate any lens at sites like Photozone, SLR Gear, Fred Miranda, and the POTN forums.
Are you a member at Photozone? I'm registered at the same name I use here. Very nice group over there.

Just for honesty sake I want say that in that series that I posted # 4& 6 are composites. In 4 I added the moon and in 6 the sky.

I love manipulating photos. Here are a couple of examples.

1226572544_kMmVE-O.jpg

1196669381_kfWby-O.jpg

Canon T1i and Tamron 18-270. I have a couple of other lenses but 90% of the time I stick with the Tamron.

I use PSE and Gimp for processing.

I also use Gimp, but I guess more to manipulate photos. For photo corrections I use Lightroom since that's what I used while taking one of my photography classes.

Just for honesty sake I want say that in that series that I posted # 4& 6 are composites. In 4 I added the moon and in 6 the sky.
I love manipulating photos. Here are a couple of examples.

I really like these. Great work :9:

I also use Gimp, but I guess more to manipulate photos. For photo corrections I use Lightroom since that's what I used while taking one of my photography classes.

The only reason I even bought PSE was because Gimp doesn't work with RAW. I know they have a plug-in but it isn't very good.

Maybe the wrong thread for this, but I thought it would be appreciated. A friend of mine found this at an estate sale this weekend - Nikon 80-200mm f/2.8 ED Ai-S:

Nikonlens.jpg

Apparently, it's pretty rare as the ebay bid is over $1k. Link

Son and daughter doing their thing...

Attachments

• Charlie and Rachael (small).jpg
    Charlie and Rachael (small).jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 28
  • Charlie sidewalk 2.jpg
    Charlie sidewalk 2.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 0
  • Rachael 4.jpg
    Rachael 4.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 1

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom